Author Topic: iOS 8  (Read 71802 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: iOS 8
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »
:o Just ran your links. What else is new? Figures. I can't wait to try playing audio trax with AirPlay tomorrow at a school gig.  ::) Woo Hoo!
"Methinks something is rotten in Denmark"( <==== very old saying) Or anywhere else for that matter.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:16:01 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 07:18:05 PM »
Well apparently more problems are coming out of the woodwork. Apple support forum is full of bad news.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546549
Then even Andrew Smith of Studio Six changed his mind on iOS 8 and his apps.
http://www.studiosixdigital.com/support/ios-8--iphone-6-compatibili/
I guess I'll wait for at least 8.1 or maybe 9.

Bill, looks like a lot of these issues have to do with iDevices with Cellular and WiFi combined.  IOS 8 keeps switching between the two.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
Well apparently more problems are coming out of the woodwork. Apple support forum is full of bad news.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546549
Then even Andrew Smith of Studio Six changed his mind on iOS 8 and his apps.
http://www.studiosixdigital.com/support/ios-8--iphone-6-compatibili/
I guess I'll wait for at least 8.1 or maybe 9.

Bill, looks like a lot of these issues have to do with iDevices with Cellular and WiFi combined.  IOS 8 keeps switching between the two.
Hi Gio, That in and of itself is a problem since I would prefer to control that from a $ usage point of view. Studio 6 Digital which is the only thing of real value for me on the iPad doesn't differentiate and doesn't require the Internet and neither does MF.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2014, 07:41:38 PM »
Hot off Mackie's Facebook a quote from a user and Mackie's reply about iOS 8 and the DL.
"Currently it is not supported but so far we have not encountered any major issues".

So I guess we're on our own, seems odd Mackie would,'t get in front of this.

A highly responsive  manufacturer. >:D
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
I sent them a tech request about airplay only looking for Apple TV and unwilling to allow audio connections via airplay while Master Fader is running.  Also, don't know if I'm the only one experiencing that problem.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2014, 08:33:18 PM »
Hot off Mackie's Facebook a quote from a user and Mackie's reply about iOS 8 and the DL.
 "Currently it is not supported but so far we have not encountered any major issues".

I guess I really didn't expect much from Mackie. Highly responsive indeed. Yet I always get super fast email replies from Ben O every time.   ;)  Blue pill indeed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:37:02 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »

I guess I really didn't expect much from Mackie. Highly responsive indeed. Yet I always get super fast email replies from Ben O every time.   ;)  Blue pill indeed.
Maybe you should ask him some tough questions, like when will Mackie finally fix the sync problem of the DL. See how fast you get a real answer. >:D
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
WK;

Yeah, the real important items do seem to get left unanswered most of the time. Like sync, latest updates etc.  ::) But they are real concerned about my issues though...  ::)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
Wow a new development that will keep Apple busy for a while, the new bendable iPhone 6. Best get a strong stiff cover to fix that problem. This hit major news stations. Apple's reply "no comment". Are bendable iPads next?
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2014, 02:12:11 PM »
Maybe they’re trying to get the jump on foldable/rollup computing. Then you could fold up your phone/tablet and put it in your shirt pocket or wallet? "Soft on the outside, crunchy on the inside?" No?  ;)

On a more serious note. I think Apple just stepped into it big time. What were they thinking? (They weren’t obviously.) First a poorly designed major O/S update, then when the “doodles hit the fan” they pushed out a patch only to remove it pretty darn quickly from their servers because it caused even more issues. Ouch Time indeed. I wonder how many iPhone owners are considering bailing from Apple as soon as they can? Bet there's a lot of very expensive paperweights out there right now.  :P

Let's hope they get a stable patch out there pretty darn quick. Anyone got any good recipes for Apple Pie?  ;D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:29:28 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »
Hi guys

Is anyone finding that there is no cursor for text on this forum whilst using a updated ipad?

I am browsing on chrome,

I bet if you hot glue some lolly ice sticks to the back of the iPhone it would sort the flex problem :lol:

Cheers

Kev
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 04:16:18 PM by Kev tyler »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
"I bet if you hot glue some lolly ice sticks to the back of the iPhone it would sort the flex problem"

Now that's a patch!!  :D Think Apple could manage that one?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2014, 06:17:34 PM »
I'm running ios 8 on an ipad 2 and the cursor is there.  I did hear about someone missing a cursor on an upgraded ipad air. 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »
Also I'm using safari.  Will take a look at this site with Chrome.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:23 PM »
Got a cursor in Chrome too.  Might only be an ipad air issue with ios 8?

Now it looks like I can't get to the post button on Chrome.  (Won't scroll up. or never finished loading the page.)  I ended up posting this using Safari.