Re: iOS 8
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
 :thu: ;D
The older I get, the better I was!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »
They are too busy I guess robo, last day of September, hours before the x air x18 launch.

😂

According to abc news, only nine bendy Apple complaints.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 08:54:03 AM by Kev tyler »

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2014, 08:40:23 PM »
9? How about 9,000 ;)
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:21 AM »
Seriously?

iBloke

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:38 AM »
Ok, so ignoring the obvious trolls, is iOS 8 causing any legitimate issues with MF 2.1.1 on iPads?

I have 2 iPads still on 7.1.2 , an iPhone 5 on 8.0.2, (and an old iPhone 3GS retired to iPod duties)

The IP5 "seems" to work ok, but I really don't use it much in mission critical applications.
I like the new features iOS 8 brings but am currently wary of updating my iPads until I'm sure it's fully functional with MF 2.1.1

Wynnd

• Master
ios 8 update
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »
I upgraded all my ios devices, ipad 2, iphone 4S, ipad mini, and outside of losing "Bad Piggies" game, I don't see any problem.   The voice to text works so much better than before.  My Son was pointing out that apps open slower, but if that's true you need a pretty good stop watch, 'cause I can't feel it.  I'll be using my DL1608 with ios devices for a League of Women Voters panel discussion tonight.  Don't know the topic, but they always apply to the current election and show both sides.  (Assuming there are actually only two sides.)  Like always when I make software changes, I will be bringing a backup mixer.  (Alesis Multimix 16 firewire recording mixer that I've had for years.)  But at this point, I don't see a reason to not upgrade.  (MAKE A SERIOUS BACKUP FIRST!  And protect it from being overwritten.)  I fully expect Bad Piggies to be back in the near future.  (Might just need to re-install it.)

iBloke

« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2014, 11:34:46 AM »
Thanks Wynnd. That's exactly the kind of feedback I need.
I've got a relatively important gig this weekend, then nothing for 2 weeks so I reckon I'll take that opportunity to upgrade and test.

If things do go pear shaped I can use either my wife's, or daughters iPads as a last resort :)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2014, 01:43:37 PM »
You have access to other iPads, no panic then iBloke :)
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2014, 03:40:06 PM »
I've got a relatively important gig this weekend, then nothing for 2 weeks so I reckon I'll take that opportunity to upgrade and test.

If things do go pear shaped I can use either my wife's, or daughters iPads as a last resort :)
G'day iBloke. Ask yourself a simple question, does iOS 8 bring anything new to the table for your gig? The answer is only uncertainty. Upgrade after the gig. My Audiotools is still broken  under iOS 8, a good reason for me not to upgrade.
When in doubt KISS

iBloke

« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »

G'day iBloke. Ask yourself a simple question, does iOS 8 bring anything new to the table for your gig? The answer is only uncertainty. Upgrade after the gig. My Audiotools is still broken  under iOS 8, a good reason for me not to upgrade.

G'day matey

I do a lot of typing on my iPad and really dig the new predictive text thingy in iOS 8 on my iPhone. To me that's worth the upgrade.

But as you know I run 2 iPads at gigs. My old iPad 3 lives permanently in the DL and that's all it gets used for so I have zero need to update it.

My iPad mini gets used as the wireless remote at gigs. It's nice and light and easy to hold for duration of the gig.
But it's also the iPad I use for Everything else up to 10 hous a day. I'd love iOS 8 on it.

Cheers mate :)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »
It's a pretty good point about ios 8 and Master Fader.  ios 8 doesn't seem to have any affect on Master Fader at all and for those who don't do anything else with their ipad, it is totally unnecessary to upgrade.  But if you use it elsewhere for other things, ios 8 will be hard to avoid and for me adds to my devices in very good ways.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2014, 12:09:17 PM »
From what I’ve garnered from my emails to Ben. O, they are working very hard to make sure the updated Master Fader is completely compatible with iOS 8.0.2.  8)

Regarding those "bendy iPhones" I think that if you put any modern smart phone in the back pocket of your tight jeans and sit down on it, it just might flex a wee bit. If you sat on one of the older models you might only hurt your “sit down”.  :-[ But (Butt??) who wears skinny jeans now? (speaking for myself) I’m leaning towards track/buffet pants more and more as I get older. No I don’t wear them higher than my waist. Try to get that mental picture out of your head now!  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:10:43 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

esquare

• Initiate
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2014, 02:49:48 PM »
I took the plunge and upgraded one iPad to IOS 8 (8.0.2) and slid it into the 1608. Worked flawlessly. But then.... I had everyone else in the group upgrade their respective iPads (one was too old to upgrade). That was a huge mistake. They keep disconnecting from the mixer and have to re-sync. Even when connected there are lags. Push up a slider, the feedback on the screen looks right, but there is no audio change so you push up a little more. Then a few seconds later it makes it to the mixer and that channel IS SCREAMING LOUD! One might think I have a wireless problem. But no, the old iPad that can't be upgraded works just fine.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2014, 05:13:15 PM »
I took the plunge and upgraded one iPad to IOS 8 (8.0.2) and slid it into the 1608. Worked flawlessly. But then.... I had everyone else in the group upgrade their respective iPads (one was too old to upgrade). That was a huge mistake. They keep disconnecting from the mixer and have to re-sync. Even when connected there are lags. Push up a slider, the feedback on the screen looks right, but there is no audio change so you push up a little more. Then a few seconds later it makes it to the mixer and that channel IS SCREAMING LOUD! One might think I have a wireless problem. But no, the old iPad that can't be upgraded works just fine.

What version iPads are you using? I've got a Mini with 8.0.2, and I'm not noticing any significant lag. I'm looking to pick up an extra iPad or two, and was looking at 2nd generation models because they're pretty cheap right now. Also, I understand that if you bring another app to the foreground (in my case, OnSong), when you come back to Master Fader, it is normal for the iPad to have to re-sync to the DL.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

esquare

• Initiate
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2014, 05:26:27 PM »

What version iPads are you using? I've got a Mini with 8.0.2, and I'm not noticing any significant lag. I'm looking to pick up an extra iPad or two, and was looking at 2nd generation models because they're pretty cheap right now. Also, I understand that if you bring another app to the foreground (in my case, OnSong), when you come back to Master Fader, it is normal for the iPad to have to re-sync to the DL.
We are using 3rd & 4th generation. All with same results. Did not try a mini.