Author Topic: iOS 8  (Read 71801 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: iOS 8
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:54 PM »
It goes without saying my friend that you always set a secure password similar to the one on the alarm at home

1 2 3 4

:)

Or... a b c d ??  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »
Next wireless mic will be UHF :)

:thu:  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2014, 03:57:24 PM »
KM, I will have to test a bit more. I have that Shure Digital mic as well and it sits in the shelf due to the cut outs. I think I already tried the 5 GHz only, but will try again. Next wireless mic will be UHF :)

This (meaning my comment to follow) is off the topic of iOS 8, but in response to this post...

[soapbox]

As a broadcast engineer in "real life," I fear for the future of UHF wireless mics in the US. The wireless companies (AT&T, Verizon, et al) and the land-mobile communications industry are very successfully lobbying the FCC to get more and more of the UHF spectrum allocated for cell phones and trunking two-way radio equipment (think cellular-like technology) for public safety and law enforcement. That has already resulted in the loss of one of the three UHF bands previously allotted to wireless microphones (800-900MHz bands), and another will very likely be re-allocated in 2015 (600-700MHz band). While some upper frequencies remain available for licensed use, that will leave us a few frequencies in the 500MHz band for unlicensed use. Obtaining a license to operate in the upper bands is expensive and time-consuming. Broadcasters are complaining that this is costing them a fortune in upgrades and re-licensing fees.

Yet, most wireless mic manufacturers are continuing on, business as usual, instead of developing affordable 2.4GHz options. As late as last year, Sennheiser reps refused to believe this was happening, and when talking to folks at Shure, I felt a similar attitude (although they were starting to deliver 2.4GHz options due to customer demand).

The fines for using illegal gear are steep if you get caught -- up to $10,000 per offense. And, it's illegal to sell off gear that's no longer "allowed."

My point -- if you're buying wireless gear, choose carefully to future-proof your investment as much as possible.

I'll get off my soapbox now...

[/soapbox]
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2014, 04:28:54 AM »
Well here we are at 8.1 of iOS. What new surprises are in store for us. Got to wait a little longer till it all settles down. Remember there's no going back.
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:44 AM »
I have done three gigs with no issues with the operating system so far. A few connection drop outs of MF, but that is probably do to my router I am using currently (an old virgin media box produced by Netgear).

Oh and running an iPad 2 (late model, so sort of like an iPad 2S as I believe it had the upgraded processor that was found in the 3)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2014, 05:54:32 AM »
Just upgraded all three of my iPads to iOS 8.1 no prob :) .

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2014, 08:25:09 AM »
Just upgraded all three of my iPads to iOS 8.1 no prob :) .
No probs here either :)
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2014, 02:59:32 PM »
Yeah, after the Apple fail and subsequent patch (8.0.2), think I'm not gonna leap too fast this time.  :facepalm:  Might wait to see what, if anything hits the fan this time. Let the dust settle. And any other clichés that come to mind,  ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:36:09 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #158 on: October 21, 2014, 07:36:32 PM »
upgraded my iphone, but not my ipads yet.  Don't have anything critical for a while, so it would be a good time to upgrade and verify functionality.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2014, 01:22:28 AM »
Didn't wait long.  ::) Upgraded the 4S and surprise, it didn't phase into another reality or brick. Might just casually upgrade the other iDevices. Catch them off guard so to speak  ;)  :laugh:

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2014, 01:51:17 AM »
Unintentionally upgraded iPad 2 to 8.1 and so far so good....will put through paces this weekend

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
The previous update, my apps did not scale to the size of the screen leaving vital buttons in no mans land.

I am going to pass on this one for now

Kev

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2014, 03:43:52 AM »
Wow just got notification of 7 updates all for audio apps. What do they know we haven't found? All with "bug fixes" including the keyboard app I had trouble with using the Bluetooth link.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2014, 04:56:11 AM »
I've gotten used to having a bunch of app updates right after an ios update.  For people being cautious, they should wait until at least 8.1 or later.  Enough time to make sure the app has caught up to the ios upgrade.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2014, 06:02:25 AM »
I understand updates after a release but 7 in one day all audio. Are they batching their approval by app type? Time to hit the sack for that 5am run to the airport.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 06:30:56 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS