Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My First Anniversary

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wynnd:
The DL does foretell some amazing possibilities.  As long as it's working and the software doesn't fall too far behind, I would think it would be good to wait for as long as possible before jumping to the next new thing.  I would be surprised if Master Fader gets much more in function improvements.  Expecting sometime soon, that all software changes will be bug fixes.  At that point, sales of the DL should nearly stop.  Possible exception is if Master Fader gets ported to a new mixer product.  (It could happen.)

workingstiff:
I've been lurking here since the demise of Mackie's user forums. I went ahead and made an account today to report my long term experiences. I purchased my 1608 in December of 2012. I'm 100's of gigs in with no serious meltdowns. I lost sync a few times several months ago but I altered my start up procedure and haven't had any problems since. I use it for my acoustic duo/trio and my full band. The rig gets moved several times per week and conditions vary from air conditioned indoor gigs to outdoor shows in heat and high humidity (Florida in the summer) as well as a few really cold shows and even a few rainy ones. It's been a reliable little mixer that has served me well.

ijpengelly:
Think I am approaching 2 years with mine, at whole array of gigs and systems. Had the odd glitch, but nothing a restart wouldn't sort and always sorted before the gig. Think most of it is down to me not plugging the RJ45 connector in properly!  :facepalm: DOH

Love the reaction it gets from bands and the audience. Couldn't do with the hassle of a snake and large mixer anymore.

Fluddman:
Wow it's really pleasing to hear there are some happy owners out there. Nice to hear some good news stories!

Wynnd:
There are obviously some issues with some of the mixers or ipads, but it's a viable mixer and it would be nice if all these issues were fixed for everybody.  Airplay has been the best option for playing break music.  (Or a song during rehearsals for cover bands.)  It's also been useful because I pretty much always have my iphone on me and it's easier to use than the ipad channel on the mixer.  (It's also very unApple like.  I find that strange.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version