Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Video Recording, Audio off the mixer

(1/3) > >>

mtsens1:
Anyone try using an Aux out to a video recorder? I tried aux out to external mic in (with a 40db pad) and get a lot of hiss. Looking for a way to shoot video with the sound off the mixer, but thinking may not be possible with my cheap camcorder.

sam.spoons:
What matters is the camcorder input, if it's a mic input then you'll need a pad as you describe, not sure why you'd get lots of hiss then, could it be the 40dB was too much and the AGC on the camcorder was pushing the camera gain up high and generating hiss in the camera pre-amp?

mtsens1:
I should have mentioned, the pad has a 20, 30, and 40 db switch, and any position has no effect on the hiss. I wish the AGC was adjustable. I get no hiss plugging in a monitor, just the camera. I've tried using the EQ method also to reduce the output, but the hiss is alway's there and constant.

sam.spoons:
It sounds like the hiss is generated by the camera.The DL does have a problem with noise when used with unbalanced line inputs but that is a digital buzz not a white noise hiss. If that is what you are experiencing a special lead or an isolating transformer usually solves the issue. Have you another mixer you can try just to see if that's the case?

robbocurry:
Best just to record on both devices and synch them up later in your video editing software.  :thu:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version