Author Topic: SKB Studio Flyer case modified for Mackie DL1608  (Read 3455 times)

tthor

• Youngling
SKB Studio Flyer case modified for Mackie DL1608
« on: June 13, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Hello,
I am selling my SKB Studio Flyer modified rack to anyone interested. THE CASE ONLY. I did the mod last spring using the same plan as Fozadabo, I believe. Anyhow, it turned out great but circumstances have changed dramatically and I am no longer gigging. The case was used about 5 times and shows little wear. I had 2 in ear transmitters and 2 - 8 channel splitters racked in mine, which was very convenient. Please note: Only 2 spaces are usable because of the slant mounted rack shelf. Of course, included are the 4 screws which attach the mixer to the shelf. I would like to get $250 shipped to the lower 48.  I would be happy to speak with any perspective buyers. Message me if interested. Thanks ~ Tom - tthor
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:31:40 PM by tthor »

oneshowmaster

• Initiate
Re: SKB Studio Flyer case modified for Mackie DL1608
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 01:53:37 PM »
Evidently, I can't send you a PM - but feel free to email me: accordingtosarah(AT)gmail(DOT)com. I am interested.

Thanks!

VinceAlten

• Initiate
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »
About to start modding my studio flyer case to fit my DL806.  Is there a step by step diy link somewhere?  All I can seem to find are pictures and posts from pages in these forums, but nothing detailing how to mount the mixer to the wood.  I have the 4u version, and I'll be running rack mounts on both sides ie fozadabo-esque.

tthor

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 06:43:04 PM »
Sorry, I've been on vacation. This case is still available!

VinceAlten

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 08:00:08 PM »
I got my case for free.. Just cut the top out this morning and about to cut the wood tonight. If I hadn't of had the case given to me I definitely would've bought yours!

tthor

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:55 PM »
Great! Good luck with the mod. It was kind of fun actually.

VinceAlten

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »
I'm excited to finish it up and use it this weekend! For the wood that attaches to the mixer, did you just measure the holes on the mixer and pre drill the wood to match?

tthor

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:31:54 AM »
I actually made a template out of paper by tracing the screw hole positions. It worked perfectly without a whole lot of effort.