Author Topic: iPhone4 not connecting  (Read 4245 times)

dagored11

• Youngling
iPhone4 not connecting
« on: June 15, 2014, 03:33:38 AM »
My iPhone 4, and also my iPod 4th gen won't connect to the mixer.  When I select  the 1608 it immediately gets disconnected.  My wife's iPhone 5 works great.  Any ideas??

Wynnd

• Master
Re: iPhone4 not connecting
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 01:40:56 AM »
Two things need to be correct.  The version of My Fader being run and correct setup of the WiFi.  I'm betting you might have an incorrect version of My Fader.  Check that first.  If that's not the problem, maybe someone else has the answer.

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:31:39 AM »
What router are you using and what frequency.

I run a 5Ghz router and most older phones won't work unless its 2.4Ghz.

Cheers

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
My iphone 4S can't do 5 Ghz, so I'm pretty sure you iphone 4 can't either.  That could be the cause.  I'm running the later version of Airport Express for WiFi and it can do both bands at the same time.  You do need different names for each band.  (I just added 5Ghz to NoInternetHere.)  I do run my ipads on the 5 Ghz band for minimal interference.  The iphone usually works fine anyway.  (At least in all the clubs that I've been in.) 

dagored11

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 01:48:47 AM »
I'm using a Linksys WRG54G - 2.4g - just because it was laying around doing nothing. Neither the iPhone4 nor the iPod Touch 4th Gen will connect.  My wife's iPhone5 connects in a heartbeat.  I also tried a TP-Link WDR3500.  I bought it because it was one of the routers Mackie listed as "recommended".  Same problem.  I spent over an hour with Mackie tech, and nobody there could solve the problem.  So, does anybody out there have either an iPhone4 or iPod 4th Gen that works with My Fader???

Thanx.

PS - I bought an iPad Mini because I was tired of screwing around with all this! 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 08:10:50 AM »
Just to verify, are you running the same version of My Fader on all the ios devices?  (The ones that work as well as the ones that don't.) 

dagored11

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:05 AM »
Yep

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 01:02:39 PM »
The fact that you appear to be doing everything right isn't helping.   Are there WiFi connections that are working fine with your ipod and iphone through the Linksys?  (I'm looking to verify that the WiFi itself isn't the problem.  Would be a good time to test it attached to the internet.)