Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Fluke or Good Luck? Hope for the DL?

(1/12) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Was given the opportunity to fill in to run sound for a venue that was using a new DL1608, 1 docked iPad, 1 wireless iPad, 3 choir mics and 1 mc wireless mic and playing backing tracks using AirPlay with iPod Touch. Had to do rehearsals all last week resulting in the DL running continuously for 6 hours at a time x 4 days. Not one sync issue at all.

The dress rehearsal is Monday aft, followed by the concert in the evening. Oh Yes it was a 30 pin. I brought my own iPads for backup. The wireless was excellent using AirPort Express. All iOS devices were iOS 7.1.1 and Master Fader was at 2.1.1.

I was quite impressed that the DL ran flawlessly the whole time and I hope that it will do so for the concert. I brought along my backup analog mixer just in case. Is this a fluke or just good luck? Maybe they got a good DL? I should’ve had that DL instead of mine.  :P  Has Mackie taken advice and made improvements?

Wynnd:
For every DL1608 problem, there are a bunch of people not having any problems.  I'm one of those.  To some degree, it might have something to do with less than perfect construction or parts.  If it were just software, everyone would be experiencing problems.  (My view.)  There is always that part of me that considers that you are marrying two different products from two different manufacturers built in different parts of the world.  The fact that so many work without any problems is close to a miracle.   We probably shouldn't have expected things to work as well as they do.

WK154:
At the present time the loss of sync has not been fixed by Mackie. When it does get fixed it will be a headliner. By now we all know that YMMV and unless your staring at it for 6+ hrs. it can loose sync and recover without your knowledge. My recommendation for use of the DL is to charge it to 100% offline and reboot the iPad before the gig and use it undocked. KM you also didn't use record/playback thru the docked iPad thus avoiding a known problem.

stevegarris:
Not a fluke at all. I know of 7 or 8 1608's being used in my area with no issues whatsoever. Mine has worked flawlessly.

Keyboard Magic:
WK;

I took a quote from your previous advice and others and have been running the setup wirelessly the whole time.
Even used wireless iPad sitting right next to the DL with it's docked iPad. I find it easier to run MF that way. And I certainly did not nor would have used the iPad channel as you mentioned. That's another can of worms!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version