Author Topic: Screen Protectors: the Last Word, I Think (and Cheap!)  (Read 1894 times)

walterw

• Padawan
Screen Protectors: the Last Word, I Think (and Cheap!)
« on: June 21, 2014, 11:43:54 PM »
just a heads-up for all of us using ipads in essentially hostile environments (any place where beer gets drunk and/or loose mic cable ends flop around);

i hate screen protectors for my iStuff, they're either cloudy to look through or sticky to slide your finger across, so i never bothered. a year or so ago i began seeing promos for the latest and greatest thing, actual glass protectors, made from a super-thin slice of the same glass as the screen itself. very cool, but really pricey, like $80 for the ipad version!

well, that's recently changed; a google search shows them all over the place for like under $15! i scored ones for my iphone and ipad, and i can attest that they're just what we would want, in that they look, feel and track just like the naked i-screen.

they're tricky to install if you don't want lint strands "preserved under glass", you almost need a clean room, but once on you can't tell anything is there unless you feel the edges around the home button opening.