Author Topic: Fluke or Good Luck? Hope for the DL?  (Read 18164 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Fluke or Good Luck? Hope for the DL?
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 07:34:18 PM »
Few people who don't know Dave would recognize him before the dye job on u-Tube. I missed Coachella this year but leave it to Dav with Google glasses to cover the event. I don't think he mixed any at the event, just played boss and had fun. I agree with you 100% on the more pro the less work aspect.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
In the same vein as hope for the DL, and please forgive me if this has already been discussed/beaten to death...

Have we seen the last of the Master Fader updates currently at v 2.1.1? Or is Mackie taking their time to come up with a fantastic update that will blow everything else out of the water?  :lol: Or they really don't care when they come up with the next one, if at all? I know I am probably smoking some funny stuff, if I think the next update is coming anytime soon and going to be revolutionary. Even just a couple of new features?? Right now, Master Fader is pretty good at this version just the same.

Has anyone heard any rumors, even a little tid bit or two? Can't find any info Googling either.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:53:04 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »
At this point waiting for iOS 8 to hit the streets would be wise for anyone with an app. Whether a significant update or a minor fix is anyone's guess. They have until the X18 and QSC Touchmix start shipping before any sales impact will be felt. They could get a lot of mileage just fixing bugs, record/playback and adding sub-groups (DCA).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:21:53 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2014, 12:58:58 AM »
That would be the smart thing for Mackie to do. I guess it's wise to not hold one's breath waiting. When I was using the school's DL it was quite a pleasant experience and Master Fader at 2.1.1 was adequate and easy to use. Every DL experience should be that good. Oh well.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2014, 01:27:05 AM »
Time for a user satisfaction poll methinks.
Km - make it so😉
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2014, 04:08:08 PM »
Captain Picard I am not  ;) I would like to hear (here??) more opinions on this subject, but alas we (significant other and I) are going on a cruise, leaving Saturday our time. Still doing last minute running around (like chickens minus their heads). 8 days Eastern Caribbean. Woo Hoo!!

Maybe when we get back and settled in to the routine. For now, to quote an old Star Trek: " Beam me up Scotty"  :P

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »
Vacation time.   I'm departing on a motorcycle trip to Washington state.  (And Yellowstone.)   Will be checking in with my ipad mini.  (Does everything I need while on a trip and takes up the least space.)  Might go into Canada.  (Got to grab my passport and talk to my insurance agent.) 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »
Canada Eh? Maybe. Watch out for all the hosers.  :P   Motorcycle trip sounds excellent! Especially Yellowstone.  8)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2014, 06:00:49 AM »
Went to Yellowstone for the first time 4 years ago with my Son and met up with my Brother.  This time it's with my Son and his Wife, then going onto Washington to meet up with my Brother.  If I come back through Canada, it will be Vancouver to Banff then south to Denver.  Really haven't decided.  My Wife has a few relatives living in BC that She want's me to meet with.  Would be good.  (Her Step-Father was from Saskatchewan.) 

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2014, 02:20:24 AM »
Sounds like a great trip Wynn - enjoy!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 02:43:31 AM »
I'm taking my ipad mini that I use as a backup DL1608 controller.  It will take up the least space and I really only need it for Skype, email and surfing the web on occasion.  My Ride is a 1990 Pacific Coast with a Givi trunk on a Givi rack. (My second PC800.  First one I ran for 100k miles.)