Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Two problems this past weekend

(1/8) > >>

Wynnd:
Friday, my Airport Express expired.  (Replaced under warranty.)  and Saturday my DriveRack PX froze at rehearsal.  (Reboot fixed that.)  So in my life, right now, the DL1608 is one of my system's highlights.  Of course when the WiFi dies, you always think of the mixer as being the problem.  (Bought both at about the same time last Sept.)

Keyboard Magic:
That sucks. These things do happen at the most unfortunate times, sometimes. At least the router was replaced under warranty and a reboot fixed the DriveRack. Glad you were able to get up and running.  ;)

At the last concert, my wireless SM58 decided to die in the middle of a speech. Of course, I thought that the batteries were still good from the last gig. Should've just put in a new pair, which I forgot to bring.  :facepalm: Should've known better!  ::) And yes, my first thought was the DL.  :-[  But I did actually have a cabled SM58 backup just in case.

Of all the things I have ever lost in my lifetime, I miss my mind the most.   :P

Wynnd:
A cabled mic is always a good idea for any mission critical wireless mics.  In my wireless mic box, Shure one that came with a wireless system, I have a hand held, a body pack, a headset for the body pack and a guitar cord for the body pack and 5 pairs of NiMH AA batteries.  I rotate the batteries so I'm always using the oldest charged ones, but I use at least one pair every week and usually use two.  At the end of rehearsal or a gig, I leave the mic/bodypack on so it will run the batteries down.   Then I place the discharged batteries in my charger the next day and move all the batteries around for the next use.    Been doing it this way for quite a while, and so far the batteries in my mic case rarely fail.  (And the charger catches any that will no longer charge.)  I'm consistently getting at least 5 hours use on charged NiMH batteries.  (I hate throwing batteries away and this way I don't have to as much.  The fact that it's the cheapest way of using batteries doesn't hurt either.)

Keyboard Magic:
Rechargeable batteries for the mic are certainly a better way to go and in the long run cheaper than buying regular AA alkaline batteries all the time. Thank you for sharing your experience and tip about the batteries. I am going to invest in some rechargeables before the next gig.   8)

WK154:
Here is my experience with NiMH with my wife's daily use at school. I would keep her on a limited 6 batteries (3 cycles) with a Alkaline backup just in case. That worked fairly well as long as she maintained the charging cycle and it ran $.0045 per battery vs. $.25 for Alkaline of the longer charge retention type (lower total power 2100mAh). Of course I got the usual "I was to busy" excuse and we went thru a bunch of Alkaline's over the years. This was with a Sennheiser EW100 series body pack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version