Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Two problems this past weekend

<< < (3/8) > >>

sam.spoons:
Unbranded alkaline batteries are very variable in quality, Lidl will buy from the cheapest source any given week/month and haves their own brand stuck on. Duracell/Procell are likely to be consistent and at 22p each they're cheaper than Lidl  ;D. Buy them here http://www.buyabattery.co.uk/batteries/aa-batteries/procell-aa-batteries-box-of-100-bulk-duracell-procell.html

Keyboard Magic:
Alkaline, Lithium or Rechargeables? I guess it's a matter of preference, availability and price. I've been using the Duracell Quantum alkaline batteries. As long as I remember to bring them.  :facepalm:  A 10 pack at Walmart goes for $12.47 Canadian. Duracell Ion Core NiMH 4 pack is $18.97 minus the charger and to quote Walmart:

"They are guaranteed to last for 5 years and, with Duralock Power Preserve Technology, they’ll hold a charge for up to 1 year when not in use. These powerful NiMH batteries work in any NiMH charger and you can recharge them up to 400 times."

In the real world I guess YMMV?  :-\

WK154:
Might want to check this comparison out.
http://www.batteryshowdown.com/results-lo.html
Marketing at work again.

sam.spoons:
Interesting, so it appears that the battery type has more bearing on the life than the brand (but we already knew that Lithium have more capacity than zinc carbon). You may well be right WK but I'd still expect the Duracell/Energiser type branded batteries to be more reliable (i.e. fewer rogue/faulty units) than 'cheap' ones and if you buy Procell in bulk they cost less than cheapies bought retail anyway.

Keyboard Magic:
"Verrrrry interesting"  :P  I guess just use the ones you are currently (sorry no pun intended) getting the best results from and that are cost effective. As long as the cost of the batteries doesn't surpass the cost of your mics, etc.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version