Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux pan not independent of mains

(1/2) > >>

Fluddman:
I set up an IEM user with a stereo mix at a recent gig. Got them sounding fantastic by panning instruments around etc - but then noticed that the pan on the aux sends is not independent of the main outs.

I didn't realise this was the case and it sure a bit limiting and a bummer given the increase in IEMs.

Am I right on this?

Cheers

Wynnd:
I'll check the next time I fire mine up, but I would think that the L/R pan on a paired Aux should be independent of the L/R of L/R but not independent of the individual channel pans.  (Especially when running post fader.)   As I read your complaint, the pan of the L/R output channel controls the sound on the paired Aux out.   Mine only gets fired up about once a week right now, so it might be a few days before i can test it.  Did you try pre-fader and pre-dsp? 

Fluddman:
Thanks Wynnd,

You indirectly solved the problem (I think).

On the drop down menu where you select pre DSP, Pre Fader, Post Fader etc - there is an option to select 'Use LR Pan'. De selecting this looks like it enables the pan to operate independently of the main output bus.

Cheers

Wynnd:
Punny!  I forgot about that setting.  (And yea, I have seen it.)  These are all features that didn't exist when I purchased my DL last Sept.  Don't know how many other new functions we'll get, but I suspecting that development is coming to the end of its life.  Hope I'm wrong.  (Hope Mackie keeps us informed when they decide to stop making changes to Master Fader.)

WK154:
Not to worry Wynnd, my crystal ball says the DL will be around for at least another 4 yrs. Software updates need to happen to not cut that time short. Two major features need to be completed or fixed, record/playback on multiple channels and VCA groups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version