Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux pan not independent of mains

<< < (2/2)

Wynnd:
I'm never expecting to see multi channel recording.  (I've got a mixer for that anyway.)  Not sure what VCA stands for, but groups I understand.  My Mackie CFX-12 had subgroups.  I missed them on my MixWiz.  I would use them on the DL if they become available in an upgrade.  Would also be nice if they made the phantom power only available on one bank of inputs.  (Figure that would take a hardware change.  Wonder if that's a change that could be made easily after the mixer is out of warranty?)

WK154:
VCA voltage controlled amplifier which in Mackies case would be software simulated or the more likely implementation of subgroups as you understand them. Actually it should have read DCA's (digitally controlled amplifiers). Subgroups would be just fine to keep up with QSC Touchmix. It probably isn't worth trying to mod for individual phantom power. I never took apart the analog section but it would take mods to the pc board that more than likely would get damaged and you would have to bring out lines to switches for individual control. On a single bank of inputs to disable phantom may be possible depending on the 48V routing, a single trace cut if your lucky. I think you'd like the QSC too bad it wasn't available 2 yrs. ago.

Fluddman:
HI WK - so you've got yourself a QSC now. How is it?

Cheers

WK154:
Yup and it's great called a GX5 driving two JBL CBT-70j.  :)

Wynnd:
As long as I don't need more than one channel with phantom power, I'm OK.  (Got a powered ART DI box with phantom power available.)   Got spoiled by the MixWiz on channel selected phantom power.  It is a feature that wouldn't cost much to implement in the next version of the DL.  If there ever is another version.  I guessing it's more likely that they'll develop a different product and possibly adapt the ipad app to it.  On the other hand, Master Fader is a nice interface for a mixer.  We live in interesting times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version