Author Topic: Purchased new 1608 with both 30pin & lightning included  (Read 2055 times)

iBloke

Purchased new 1608 with both 30pin & lightning included
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:48:53 AM »
In my last thread I mentioned I'd bought a DL1608 which was on sale for end of the financial year stocktake sales.
I saved $363 off the standard AUS $ price.
Good deal!

Anyway the reason I got that deal was end of financial year stocktake discount.
It finished on the 1st July

Trouble is the company I bought from only had the DL1608 lightening dock version in stock so they had to obtain the 30 pin dock version from the importer to fill my order.

Few days after my order I received shipping information which due to the delay I needed to follow up on.

The DL1608 they are sending me apparently has both lightning and 30pin connectors included. The following quoted text from them.
"The one we have being sent to you has both connectors for Lightning and 30 pin on it.  We got the item in on Tuesday and your payment cleared that day.  It has left Brisbane (we had it packed Tuesday night for collection on Wednesday)"

Ok so I've never seen any indication that Mackie are packaging the DL with both connector options.

Anybody else bought a DL1608 that comes with both 30 pin and lightning connectors?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:49:20 AM by iBloke »

iBloke

Re: Purchased new 1608 with both 30pin & lightning included
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 06:10:39 AM »
Ok so they lied to me. There was no lightning connector included in the box with the standard 30 pin DL1608.

Oh well..I suppose it doesn't really matter coz my old iPad 3 is gonna spend most of its semi retirement permanently docked in the DL, while my new iPad mini and iPhone 5 will cover the roving control duties. :)