Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Stoopid DL1608 tricks

(1/1)

RoadRanger:
I was playing bass and supplying the sound for a gig last night - no room for a bass amp in the car and wanted a bit of grit on the signal so cranked the trim up into distortion and ran the shelving EQ all the way down at 4KHz (a LPF would have been better). It sounded pretty good IMO, I had a 10" coaxial monitor for myself that rolls off at 120Hz - the backwash off the subs filled in the lows well enough. The rhythm guitarist was playing a passive Strat directly in through a passive DI and it sounded fine too (trim set "normally"). My "subs" were my pair of 34 lb neo 2x12 bass cabs powered at 1200w total. Using the "new" output LPF/HPFs on aux 6 for the subs. It was a 4 hour gig that turned in to a 5 hour gig when they coughed up another $100 - so now I'm x( LOL.

Wynnd:
Recently ran into the Elite powered sub from Yorkville Sound.  10" driver and 125 db continuous and 134 max.  Amazing stats for a sub with a driver smaller than my EV ZXA1s.  (Which require and have more ponies behind it.)   I do like all the things you can do with the DL1608 now that weren't part of the package I purchased back in September.  Will be interesting to see if Mackie continues development of Master Fader.  I hope so.  It will help their next digital mixer product.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version