Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

For all the naysayers,, I love this board

(1/14) > >>

yigba:
Played an outdoor gig last night and the DL1608 worked perfectly. I mix from stage as I am the lead singer and guitarist. Here's my setup.

1) Pan L and R for poor man's Aux Fed Subs. I use Bill Fitzmaurice OmniTop 12's and T39 subs and with their efficiency I can use smaller and lighter amps.

2) Aux 1 and 2 outs for monitors.

3) Aux 6 out to a little digital recorder. I set the levels off this to get a nice even recording.

This thing is so small and light and eliminates so much crap I had in the past. I also amazed my drummer when I walked out in front to do a preliminary mix from the audience section with my Iphone.

Never got more complements on the sound as last night. When we were soundchecking even I was amazed at the clarity of this mixer. I had an Allen & Heath MixWiz and IMHO this sounds better.

Anyway, with some of the negativity here just thought I'd share a positive experience.

sam.spoons:
Mine has performed flawlessly since I bought it, did another gig last night, Lisa Mills and Ian Jennings in Macclesfield, great gig, many complements about the sound. I am concerned that others are having problems though, perhaps I should stop reading the forum  :-[

RoadRanger:
^ LOL

yigba:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on July 13, 2014, 10:14:08 AM ---I am concerned that others are having problems though, perhaps I should stop reading the forum  :-[

--- End quote ---

Tell me about it!! I also was perusing a QU16 because I was paranoid about the DL1608 from reading this board!!! :)

But if it ain't broke....

RoadRanger:
Except for the slightly annoying disconnect issue I've been real pleased with it myself. I've not had the "white noise" issue but I do have an iPad 2 dedicated to being docked with minimal apps on it and no MP3s above 128Kbps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version