Author Topic: iOS 7.1.2 Update??  (Read 3684 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
iOS 7.1.2 Update??
« on: July 01, 2014, 01:00:33 AM »
Anyone gonna take a chance on this one? After the fiasco with a former DL and a certain iOS 7.1.1 update, I wouldn't go near this one with a 10 foot pole.  x(  Since I no longer have a DL I feel fairly confident updating my iOS devices. Like Jerry Lee keeps reminding us... Run your DL wirelessly only. Good advice! Hopefully this update won't affect wireless operation.

Having said all that, this update is only a small bug fix.  :P 
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
Re: iOS 7.1.2 Update??
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:30:33 AM »
Installing it right now.  Don't have any gigs for a while.  As far as using the ipad wirelessly, that only works until your WiFi router dies.  (Which mine did in the middle of my last gig.)  You have to have the dock as an option for times like that.  (Airport express was replaced under warranty by Apple. and having 2 ipads didn't help.  Even though only one will dock.)    Will report back on how things are working.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:16 AM »
Kinda makes you wonder what the iOS 8 release will mean for DL owners too. Only if you decide to update, that is. Maybe it's a good idea to not update at least one iPad that is being used with your DL. And Wynnd, yes you really do need the option of being able to dock 1 iPad if things go south with wireless, or your other iOS device pooches.

It's fun having that little nagging doubt before and during the gig. Keeps it interesting.  :o:thu:

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »
While here we worry and complain about the mixer and ipads, there are always a lot of things that can go wrong at a gig. Having 2 keyboards nearly ensures the keyboard player won't be left out of a gig.  From that standpoint, trumpet players are unlikely to have problems at a gig.  Sax's can need service to get back in playing shape.  (Cracked pad or bent valve.)  Extra strings will get a guitar back quickly but a broken string isn't the only failure that occurs.  (Broken strap pegs will drive you nuts.)   That's enough worrying for this year.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
How true indeed!   :)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:56 AM »
Nightmare for me on both my iPad 3 and iPad Air.  During the upgrade, both devices hung at 25%.  I found a thread on the Apple forum and the fix was to hold Home+Sleep until the iPad goes dark and reboot.  It then finishes fine.  Really had me worried for a bit  ;)
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:44:50 AM »
Mine went through with the install without any problems.  Haven't tested them with the DL yet.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 04:28:55 PM »
I decided to upgrade all my iOS devices to 7.1.2 and everything went smoothly. No installation issues. Woo Hoo! There really shouldn't be any issues, but as posted by Harpman, there was a glitch. Kinda reminds one of doing Windows updates too.  ::) 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 04:33:51 PM by Keyboard Magic »

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 03:28:25 AM »
used it just last night post-upgrade on my ipad 3, smooth sailing.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 03:30:51 AM »
I ended up providing sound last night.  I had some problems with airplay on 2.4 Ghz.  No problems with 5 Ghz.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
Just a little thought here ( I know, very little thought involved  :P ) Would Mackie be delaying their next release of Master Fader to coincide with the upcoming iOS 8 release?  ??? I realize this is all up to Mackie of course, but you never know.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:01:40 PM by Keyboard Magic »