Author Topic: The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..  (Read 77942 times)

James91104

• Knight
Re: The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2014, 04:34:54 PM »
Fingers crossed. Seriously? So moving forward is this how to keep the faith of the existing customer base and instill confidence for any future customer purchases of Mackie DL products ? Service after the sale has and is a significant factor in many individuals and businesses purchase decisions. Proceed with caution Mackoids, and perhaps cross yer toes as well.   

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
we'll just have to see....I'd rather have him under promise and over deliver than tell us "oh yeah man it's definitely fixed" and have it be incorrect.

don't get me wrong I want this fixed as well, but I'm not gonna get wrapped around the axle because they are being cautious about promising something that requires predicting the state of a great many variables.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »
I want it fixed for others that are experiencing it.  (Not me.)  It's a large blemish on a basically great mixer.

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2014, 06:49:05 PM »
Absolutely...I'm willing to be patient for the moment. But with the arrival of the Behringer X series stuff (which looks very cool) Mackie is gonna have a hard time competing if it's not fixed.

A lot will be riding on this next release, as I'm sure they are aware. This may be their Antares rocket time.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2014, 07:54:46 PM »
Wrapped around the axle. have not heard that in a long while ;D
Sitting on the sidelines for near the entirety of this thread and related posts, just feeling sympathetic for the afflicted and conversely so for the suspected.
I concur with the desire for ultimately a fix for any and all who have had the unfortunate experience of what I can only imagine as what could be at minimum a public embarrassment and annoyance or worst a possible heart stopper & lawsuit producing event from The Blast.
Yes, we all await to see, hear and experience a fix, in ironically what should really equate to nothing, nothing unexpected that is.
As an aside, I myself am most curious to hear of user impressions post release  MF 3.0 of the stated` tons of great sounding reverbs and delays' on the DL32R and possible implementation of any such effects for the 1608/806 as that was the primary MF upgrade suggestion I had responded in favor of.
To borrow from a once aspiring campaign slogan, `Hope for Change'.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2014, 08:38:51 AM »
Thank you John. BenO's answer leaves much to interpretation. He implies that he hopes it's fixed.

"beno (Admin, Mackie) commented  ·  October 16, 2014 11:38  · 

Fingers crossed, white noise is fixed in 3.0."

Had Mackie found the source and solution to the problem he would have been far less tentative "Fingers crossed". But we all hope it's fixed, I'm getting tired of hearing about it.
I'm tired hearing about it too. Anybody experiencing it, use a channel instead of playing Russian Audio Roulette.
You'd think it was impossible to work around and was as bad as spontaneous combustion of the unit.
Perspective please. If this is the only problem people can grind on as an excuse to buy a Behringer, it's very sad.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:40:24 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »
Thank you John. BenO's answer leaves much to interpretation. He implies that he hopes it's fixed.

Had Mackie found the source and solution to the problem he would have been far less tentative "Fingers crossed". But we all hope it's fixed, I'm getting tired of hearing about it.
I'm tired hearing about it too. Anybody experiencing it, use a channel instead of playing Russian Audio Roulette.
You'd think it was impossible to work around and was as bad as spontaneous combustion of the unit.
Perspective please. If this is the only problem people can grind on as an excuse to buy a Behringer, it's very sad.

I agree, that's why I don't even tempt fate. I always use CH. 15 & 16 for audio playback. Never ever used the iPad channel. In a perfect world this shouldn't happen. Then reality comes along and you have to work around or avoid the potential issues.

I always go to a gig with quite a bit of backup stuff for just in case. Spare mixer, cables, etc. etc. etc. You just never know what could happen. This is all for small venues. Don't do big productions and can't imagine how much gear and backup is carried around. A logistical nightmare indeed.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:04:30 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #112 on: October 30, 2014, 04:27:31 PM »

I agree, that's why I don't even tempt fate. I always use CH. 15 & 16 for audio playback. Never ever used the iPad channel. In a perfect world this shouldn't happen. Then reality comes along and you have to work around or avoid the potential issues.

I always go to a gig with quite a bit of backup stuff for just in case. Spare mixer, cables, etc. etc. etc. You just never know what could happen. This is all for small venues. Don't do big productions and can't imagine how much gear and backup is carried around. A logistical nightmare indeed.   ;)

There are many other reasons to buy an x32 Rack entirely unrelated to the white noise issue.  If you don't need 16 channels then I'm sure you tire of hearing from those that do, and are not in a position to dedicate 15 and 16 to music playback.  I bought a 16 channel DL1608 and got a 14 channel board instead.  So if you used 12 channels regularly, bought a 12 channel mixer, and only 10 of them worked, and the manufacturer said they could not fix those two channels, you would surely make some noise (hopefully not white).  Someone might tell you to just "Y" a few mics together and quit complaining.  Acceptable?
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #113 on: October 30, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
Since we're into analogies here it's like buying a car and it has 4 wheels and a steering wheel in the showroom, but when your ready to drive it of the lot you're told that it comes with 2 wheels standard (no record/playback) and no steering wheel (no iPad). Would you be a happy buyer? It's also not about Behringer, that's just one of the many other alternatives A&H, QSC, Yamaha etc..
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #114 on: October 30, 2014, 05:14:23 PM »
I'd change the analogy to an 18 wheeler, but when you buy it it has only 16 wheels. It still works but can't carry quite as heavy a load  ;)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2014, 05:42:10 PM »
Uhh, I didn't buy the DL for the iPad playback or record facility - which co-incidentally work perfectly as designed on mine. (just thought I'd remind you)
If you really need all 16 channels, all at once, immediately after you've finished playback from your iPad and happen to have the white noise issue, then that's bad luck.
If you are still are experiencing issues and you don't even own a DL mixer, that is extremely bad luck too.
With this non-issue being the high topic of conversation here (I'm helping perpetuate it, ironically), no wonder Mackie closed their forum down.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:12:56 PM by robbocurry »

redwood

• Padawan
« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2014, 05:54:42 PM »
Whether or not it's a big deal or not and can be solved with a workaround is beside the point. Did I buy it for the ipad playback? No, but it's included as a feature and ALL features should WORK.

That said as I've said in other posts I'll be patient until they work it out. To be honest I'm more jazzed about the other features in MFv3.0 than the possible white noise fix, but if it isn't fixed I'll be disappointed. Will I sell my DL1608 if it's not fixed soon? Probably not but the new X series stuff has some cool features, that - truth be told - had I waited I might have gone that way. The multitrack recording alone is very nice.

More importantly though, the ability of a manufacturer to address technical issues promptly informs us in our future purchasing decisions.

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2014, 06:00:31 PM »
Robbo, that's where the "perspective" that you urge comes into play.  You don't need or depend on the features that Mackie sold me on.  From your perspective, it's all good.  You are not lucky, you just got all that you were looking for.  I am not unlucky, I just didn't get what I was promised.  You have not seen me anywhere on this forum bashing Mackie or praising Behringer.  I think the DL1608 is a great 14 channel mixer!  I bought it as soon as available and it was a game changer for me (even though I have had to swap out two inputs before and after every set to avoid white noise).  The x32 rack has just expanded on that, but I'm not here to convince anyone as to the merits of either.  Peace out.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
To be fair it really is a 16 channel mixer just not a reliable 18 channel one as described in their spec sheet. If they had removed the record feature from the manual (one paragraphs worth) and stated balanced i/o only, none of this discussion would have taken place and a Black eye would have been averted. Just a few more feature request would have been the results. A hard lesson to learn. Did it get them more sales? I doubt it.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2014, 06:28:55 PM »
To be fair it really is a 16 channel mixer just not a reliable 18 channel one as described in their spec sheet. If they had removed the record feature from the manual (one paragraphs worth) and stated balanced i/o only, none of this discussion would have taken place and a Black eye would have been averted. Just a few more feature request would have been the results. A hard lesson to learn. Did it get them more sales? I doubt it.
At what percentage of failure rate would you deem something unreliable?