Author Topic: The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..  (Read 77018 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2014, 11:49:34 PM »
Keep in mind this forum probably reaches a fraction of the DL owners.  As things have been hashed out over many months the forum seems to have dwindled to a chat room for 10 or so people.   ;)  At any rate, I continue to monitor when there is an ios update or MF update.  I'm out.
Exactly my thinking.
18,000 Visitors and counting on what certainly is not a mainstream forum about a very specific product and it's problem "white noise and sync". Do you think for one minute that your conclusions are even reasonable. I would much rather be discussing the feature set and addition of missing features than problems with this unit. That is if you can even get past the NAME issues.
I think you are deluded if you are trying to imply that 18,000 visitors have come here just to read about the mythical white noise and sync issues :facepalm:
Post some figures to back that up please.

Maybe 18000 visitors since the site started.
As mentioned earlier, all the important stuff has been sorted out and now there are just "ten" people doing all the posting!
I added up the 12 or so topics regarding "white noise and sync" and that's the number of views. You can gather your own data if you can add. It's all forum statistics. I'm sure everyone is trying to inflate the stats here. ::) I'm sure RR has access to more stats and trends about this forum.
18000 views is one thing, 18000 different visitors is another thing altogether. You stated "18000 visitors" in your first quote. Which is it now?
People like me reading the pages over and over again in disbelief at some of the stated "facts", have undoubtedly bumped up the view count.
"You can gather your own data if you can add." How condescending and rather typical of you.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:53:29 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »
Robbo:
18000 views is one thing, 18000 different visitors is another thing altogether.
People like me reading the pages over and over again in disbelief at some of the stated "facts", have undoubtedly bumped up the view count.
"You can gather your own data if you can add." How condescending and rather typical of you.

I'm tired of answering your "Fanboy" rhetoric. Provide some proof to back up your assertions. As to condescending what do you call this xxxx?
I think you are deluded if you are trying to imply that 18,000 visitors have come here just to read about the mythical white noise and sync issues :facepalm:   :)
OH and then this pile of BS about the forum and it's members including yourself.

Welcome to the forum.  :)
Here are a few pointers to help you navigate between the truths and lies:
1. Please be advised that there are many different opinions here on the forum regarding the DL series of mixers.
2. Do not take post frequency and reply length as a sign of unchallenged authority or knowledge on any issue.
3. Some people posting do not currently, or have never owned a DL series mixer, they will not identify themselves but will usually have plenty to say.
4. The minority may seem like the majority and vice-versa. What becomes "reality" is directly proportional to the amount of time one has to post. :)
5. Facts do not have to be backed up with proof but with long winded posts and condescension. The truth? Who needs that anyway, it's the internet!
6. Mackie will be attacked frequently and blamed for everything, even climate change and global recession. But remember, if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here!
7. Try to avoid being sidetracked by following hyperlinks to rambling boredomsville.
8. Don't forget your pinch of salt with every "known fact" or statistic!
9. Behringer have their own forum but why go there? Stay here and agitate people who prefer not to buy that brand. "False Superiority Complex" is the name of the game!

Dear new visitor, best of luck as you navigate the forum :thu: :)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:21:29 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2014, 12:31:06 AM »
Robbo:
18000 views is one thing, 18000 different visitors is another thing altogether.

I'm tied of answering your "Fanboy" rhetoric. Provide some proof to back up your assertions. As to condescending what do you call this?
I think you are deluded if you are trying to imply that 18,000 visitors have come here just to read about the mythical white noise and sync issues :facepalm:   :)
If you can't understand the subtle difference between my quote and your quote I'll not bother trying to explain it to you.
Please add me to your ignore list. I've had enough of you too, and will be adding you to mine.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:33:07 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:49:44 AM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
Fixed in V3.0 !
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=763.msg8251#msg8251
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=765.0
Time will tell since the operative word is "should". No explanation so far as to the cause but then who cares.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:17 PM »
My Soapbox:

We shouldn’t have to worry about whether or not the sync and white noise issues are fixed. Any of these platforms should work out of the box until the day they die. No questions. Period. A software/firmware update(s) should fix it if needed. We shouldn’t have to set up at a venue and either cross ourselves, say a prayer, bring in an exorcist, or a truckload of backup gear and hope that when that power switch is turned on, the blessed thing works every time.
Unfortunately, it seems like every new product, in the real world too, is in the same “sittin’ on the fence” category in this day and age.

I’m really getting old to remember when most products were built, way back in time, they almost out lasted us. Not anymore. Oh well. I guess if we didn’t have issues with stuff there wouldn’t be forums like this one to be a part of. There’s not a whole lot we can do about it. Even if we choose not to buy a certain product and go elsewhere, we’re going to run into, if not the same issues, different annoying problems. That’s life.

Fingers, Eyes and Toes Crossed!

Enough said.

Getting off Soapbox now.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2014, 08:44:32 PM »
I've had one car out of three brand new North American built cars with no problems straight off the show room floor.  Perfection is the exception, not the rule in brand new products.  Mackie should be worlds ahead by making Master Fader 3.0 work for all their ipad centric mixers.  And thanks for the incredible upgrade for our DL1608s.  I fully don't expect things to ever be perfect, and so far I've never been surprised when things aren't perfect.  I am pretty happy when things are functional and generally, my DL1608 experience has been quite functional.  It was a good purchase for me.  It has become a better one with each Master Fader upgrade.  (Wasn't expecting that.)  My only question is will this mixer carry me through my retirement from this business.  Only time will tell.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems like every new product, in the real world too, is in the same “sittin’ on the fence” category in this day and age.

I had very high hopes for the QSC TouchMix. They released with only onboard wifi, and only ad-hoc networking. It's barely functional under good conditions. They've promised to fix it, but they're not saying exactly how or when.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2014, 05:50:40 PM »

I had very high hopes for the QSC TouchMix. They released with only onboard wifi, and only ad-hoc networking. It's barely functional under good conditions. They've promised to fix it, but they're not saying exactly how or when.
They promised Jan 22 2015 V2.0 will fix a lot of WiFi. Another more powerful dongle with both Frequencies as I mentioned would go a long way to range and interference issues. Let's see if they meet their deadline.
When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:41 PM »
They promised Jan 22 2015 V2.0 will fix a lot of WiFi. Another more powerful dongle with both Frequencies as I mentioned would go a long way to range and interference issues. Let's see if they meet their deadline.

Where did you see that date?

I'm more interested in them implementing normal networking than I am in buy a new dongle to suffer all the issues with ad-hoc from a little farther away.

[EDIT]

I hit this forum first. I'm really impressed. I never expected them to go all in. Ad-hoc is to be joined by access point, normal use connect to network, and even my fondest wish, USB/ethernet. And a release date. Wow.

http://forum.qscservice.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4489&p=17855&sid=fb0827ba6b3efb07f86b843670da7493#p17855
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 09:52:59 PM by nottooloud »

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #145 on: November 22, 2014, 11:58:42 AM »
I've had one car out of three brand new North American built cars with no problems straight off the show room floor.  Perfection is the exception, not the rule in brand new products.  Mackie should be worlds ahead by making Master Fader 3.0 work for all their ipad centric mixers.  And thanks for the incredible upgrade for our DL1608s.  I fully don't expect things to ever be perfect, and so far I've never been surprised when things aren't perfect.  I am pretty happy when things are functional and generally, my DL1608 experience has been quite functional.  It was a good purchase for me.  It has become a better one with each Master Fader upgrade.  (Wasn't expecting that.)  My only question is will this mixer carry me through my retirement from this business.  Only time will tell.

My feelings exactly !
got to be pleased that at least Mackie is making the effort to continually upgrade and take ownership of any problems.  The product works.  Like Wynnd said,  just want to get thru the next few years. Might only upgrade 1 more time before I call it done and that's ONLY if more steady work comes in and i feel the need to go to 32 channels.   
with the DL and powered speakers my set up time and back pain has been wonderfully reduced. Wheels on subs and ramps for the van has made life a bit better too.
Ultimately I want to do a permanent install at a nice club, and just show up a few nights a week carrying only an Ipad.

Your never to old to learn something stupid