Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (13/30) > >>

iBloke:
Just an update on the noise issue.

Absolutely zero problems running my iPad mini + 30pin to lightning cable.
10's of hours music playback with no issue.

BUT, slide the iPad 3 (or either of two other ipad 2's) into the DL and the White noise happens within minutes.

I think it's conclusive enough for me to spend the ca$h on an iPad mini tray kit, and a lightning upgrade kit (about $180 down here in AUS)

Although 90% of my gigs only require less than 14 channels so channel 15 & 16 can be sacrificed to an iPod for set break music.

But then today I had a booking come in from a band that usually needs 18 channels. I asked him about the stage layout and he says that 9 channels are for drum mics.  ::)
I explained to him that the venue he has me booked for is a relatively small room (100-150 punters) and overhead mics are really not required. I've done many gigs in this particular room.
In fact due to the patrons at this venue and the small size of the room I've used only a kick drum mic, and 1 overhead mic which has been more than enough.

Sometimes it's necessary to explain the "real world" to cover band Musos who seem to think they need massive concert hall mic'ing.

Anyway if he's not happy with the gear supplied for my low budget quote I'm 100% cool with that. It's only a hobby for me these days, and I'm more than happy to pass on a gig with a band that has huge egos, and unrealistic requirements for tiny venues  ;D

My long term established client base knows what I can provide and are happy to save mega bucks compared to the almost double $$ the music industry charges for the same gear.

I may even drop my hire price more now that I don't ever need to run a mlulticore, and a big rack of FX & processors.
Last gig I found a nice comfy, high backed chair right at the back of the venue where I sat down and not only had a perfect position for mixing the show, but also being able to thoroughly enjoy the music. (A Fleetwood Mac tribute band)

Even though I'm a jaded, and seriously grumpy old bastard I'm finding that since owning and using a DL I'm actually enjoying doing gigs.

Who woulda thunk it eh!! :D

robbocurry:
Good post iBloke, "you speaka my language"!
(He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich)

iBloke:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on October 12, 2014, 09:49:09 AM ---Good post iBloke, "you speaka my language"!

--- End quote ---

LMAO  :lol:

Kev tyler:
I hate sound checking drummers in tiny rooms, set up  2 feet behind the singer backing singer and guitar singer, as if you are not going to hear the kit.

:)

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: iBloke on October 12, 2014, 10:32:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: robbocurry on October 12, 2014, 09:49:09 AM ---Good post iBloke, "you speaka my language"!

--- End quote ---

LMAO  :lol:

--- End quote ---

Bugger, I sang those very words on a gig last week  :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version