Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (17/30) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 27, 2014, 08:27:18 PM ---
Agreed or as Clint would say "make my day". Reminds me of a song by Garth "Blameless", was he singing about Mackie?

--- End quote ---

Yes it does.  :thu:

James91104:
Hello, though I have no firsthand experience or knowledge of the topic of discussion from which to draw from and contribute to this thread, I would like to share a thought process of mine for consideration to the DL, iOs, iPad blame game.

The Roland M-200 mixer has iTunes music control facilities from within the M-200 Remote iPad app with audio data transferred via a Roland supplied 30-pin proprietary connection cable, with the ability for the iPad stereo audio to be patched and routed to any of the inputs and/or outputs on the M-200. Currently only a 30 pin cable is available for the M-200, but a Lightning cable is soon to be released.           
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/m-200i-remote/id588276040?mt=8 

Of note, the Roland app is currently version 1.05, and is compatible with ALL iPads and ALL iOS 5.1 or later including iOS8. The same compatibility applies to the Roland M-300 & M-480 Remote apps for their respective mixers.
Interestingly, to the best of my knowledge, The Roland apps appear to be the most fully and backwards compatible of any and all performance audio digital mixers corresponding iPad apps. In addition, where most manufacture`s apps have been updated to versions 2.XX and above, the M-200, M-300 and M-480 apps have remained at 1.XX with minimum updates.

Here again I have no firsthand experience with the Roland M-200, but more importantly and to a point, from the little I have found from internet searches and calls into Roland Systems Group there appears to be NO such end-user claims of white noise issues from that ipad/mixer app player.

Though I am certainly of no authority to point fingers much less issue an indictment of blame on the source of much discussion and debate, I am inclined to suspect the DL as the more likely culprit with what the Roland comparison can provide as any evidence, though admittedly proves nothing.

I fortunately have never had to experience the dreaded white noise blast, perhaps lucky or perhaps dependent on the very particulars of my past use of my DL. As it turns out that one is a dead parrot anyways, but that is another story.

robbocurry:
The saga may now be at an end with iOS8.1.
To blame Mackie for something which, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't occur until iOS6 seems unfair.
That's to say, the DL worked as expected at launch with the iOS available at the time.
Just my two pence worth :)

iBloke:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on October 27, 2014, 07:54:25 PM ---
It's also possible that I am wrong -- I'll freely admit that. But, we now have evidence of at least one iPad that had a consistent problem, and an update to its software has altered the results.

--- End quote ---

I have zero knowledge of the technical details behind this problem.
And I've said that I don't care who's fault it is. Apple or mackie, or a combination of both.
I just wanted it to go away.

Since updating IP 3 to iOS 8.1 yesterday I've tried everything to coax the noise and so far it's remained 100% stable.
I have another gig tomorrow night and will use the docked IP3 to play set break music for the first time.
I'm feeling pretty confident  :)

Wynnd:
I'm hoping that everyone's experience duplicates yours.  It would be nice for a cure.  If the white noise was caused by some sort of loop, maybe Apple made some error handling changes that look for it and stop it before anyone notices.  Whatever caused it.  I'm waiting for someone else to do the update and still have the problem.  (And I'm praying that no one continues to have the problem.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version