Author Topic: QSC TouchMix looks nice - comparison thoughts?  (Read 13053 times)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: QSC TouchMix looks nice - comparison t houghts?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 10:44:11 PM »
Yes but your mag labels don't change when you change layers, you need space for at least two on each channel and then you need to remember which label refers to which layer. My memory has always been bad and it ain't improving with age, I need all the help I can get :face palm:

If you don't nee scribble strips the X32Producer/S16 is £900 cheaper than the Qu16 (and 2 x AR84s), has the same number of faders/knobs etc and twice the I/O.

I am a confirmed Allen & Heath fan, I use iLive/GLD/Zed series at work and have a GL2200 as my studio desk, the Qu 16 is nice but didn't knock me out when I spent an hour playing in my local dealer. If the X32 showed signs of poor reliability or sound quality I wouldn't think twice about it and I'd buy the Qu but the X32 appears to be excellent on both counts so all the extra capability makes it a 'no brainer' to me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 10:53:44 PM by sam.spoons »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: QSC TouchMix looks nice - comparison t houghts?
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 11:40:39 PM »
Yes but your mag labels don't change when you change layers, you need space for at least two on each channel and then you need to remember which label refers to which layer. My memory has always been bad and it ain't improving with age, I need all the help I can get :face palm:

If you don't nee scribble strips the X32Producer/S16 is £900 cheaper than the Qu16 (and 2 x AR84s), has the same number of faders/knobs etc and twice the I/O.

I am a confirmed Allen & Heath fan, I use iLive/GLD/Zed series at work and have a GL2200 as my studio desk, the Qu 16 is nice but didn't knock me out when I spent an hour playing in my local dealer. If the X32 showed signs of poor reliability or sound quality I wouldn't think twice about it and I'd buy the Qu but the X32 appears to be excellent on both counts so all the extra capability makes it a 'no brainer' to me.
I'll not try anymore of my sales pitch on you Sam ;)
Just as an FYI, to address the three layers on the QU24, I have smaller labels in the designated area for markers and a second set of labels beneath the faders - works great for me:)
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: QSC TouchMix looks nice - comparison thoughts?
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2014, 07:57:07 AM »
Having used the iLive and GLD I can't see myself buying a DMD without LCD scribble strips, as soon as you go to multiple layers, for me, they're worth their weigh in vintage Les Pauls (ah.... that's not many is it  :lol:)

Tomis17

• Initiate
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 04:36:38 AM »
I currently own a Touchmix 16 and I either got a lemon or Qsc is out to rip people off. In a span of one year since owning this unit, I've had to send it in for repair twice. First time the unit died in the middle of a show. We had ended the show early. Now I discovered this noise issue and they claim the damage is in excess of their warranty. Effing bs!!!

Recently I sent the mixer into QSC and the tech contacted a couple days later to tell me that the motherboard is all corroded. I need a new motherboard and is not covered under warranty.

Here is their reply:

"Original price for repair was set at $465.30 plus the labor of $85 and the shipping of $29 which totals: $579.30

The tech as a courtesy lowered the amount to be $375 even which is a $204.30 difference.

Unfortunately this unit repair will not be covered under our manufacture defect codes.

Please advise if you would like to move forward with the repair or have your unit sent back as is?

Thanks"

I should add that the mixer was bought a little over a year ago. It was registered with Qsc and has 2 years left on a 3-year warranty. I'm done with Qsc. Good luck to all you Qsc owners.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »
I currently own a Touchmix 16 and I either got a lemon or Qsc is out to rip people off. In a span of one year since owning this unit, I've had to send it in for repair twice. First time the unit died in the middle of a show. We had ended the show early. Now I discovered this noise issue and they claim the damage is in excess of their warranty. Effing bs!!!

Recently I sent the mixer into QSC and the tech contacted a couple days later to tell me that the motherboard is all corroded. I need a new motherboard and is not covered under warranty.

Here is their reply:

"Original price for repair was set at $465.30 plus the labor of $85 and the shipping of $29 which totals: $579.30

The tech as a courtesy lowered the amount to be $375 even which is a $204.30 difference.

Unfortunately this unit repair will not be covered under our manufacture defect codes.

Please advise if you would like to move forward with the repair or have your unit sent back as is?

Thanks"

I should add that the mixer was bought a little over a year ago. It was registered with Qsc and has 2 years left on a 3-year warranty. I'm done with Qsc. Good luck to all you Qsc owners.

That's too bad. Are they claiming that the board was mistreated or stored improperly? I know of one sound tech on another forum that uses that board successfully on a regular basis.