Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL iPad Playback Noise - Mackie Survey

<< < (5/6) > >>

robbocurry:
I can see why Mackie would remove comments from their website. A small number of users could affect their sales disproportionately. Can't blame them for looking after business. Everyone, private or corporate, edits their online presence to some degree.
Curiously, was the link to the survey posted on the Mackie FB page?

WK154:
I don't see Behringer editing their forum good or bad except for personal attacks and profanity, which I've yet to see. Ask BenO how he voted to eliminate the Mackie forum? The link is here.
http://www.harmonycentral.com/expert-reviews/mackie-dl806-digital-mixer---by-craig-vecchione
I guess we're affecting their sales  >:D.

Wynnd:
As I see it, the DL series mixer was such a departure from other mixers, digital or not, that people considering it were very likely to do research they wouldn't bother with on a more conventional looking mixer.  I don't recall making any trek to Allen Heath before purchasing my MixWiz.  I did some looking before buying the DL.  (But I did have some serious G.A.S. because of it.)  For me, this mixer isn't a mistake.  (Not that I can easily afford to toss $1000 away.)  I didn't own an ipad before, but I have two now.  (OK, one's a mini.)

abzurd:
Having sold my DL1608, due to these very issues, this is the first time I've seen this thread. I just submitted a response to the survey as I had double digit emails back and forth to Mackie support, including videos I'd made showing various issues of disconnection and noise. This was all from November of 2013. I also have given them the serial number.

My personal belief is that some ipads just don't like the mixer. My original Ipad running IOS5 was fine, but my Ipad3 never liked the mixer. It was worse with iOS7, but had issues with iOS6 as well. This iPad also does not like non Apple charging cables, refusing to charge with any of them. My phone and original ipad will charge with the same cables.

The person I sold the ipad to followed up with me and said he was getting along great with it.

FWIW, I had disconnect issues with both ipads, including when both were docked. Sometimes the drops were only a few seconds, but occasionally they were permanent and you either had to mix with the gain pots if you were in a hurry, or reboot the ipad.

WK154:
Just to expand on this forums stats a bit regarding the noise/sync problem. I found 12 topics with 576 posts and get this 18,359 views on this issue. Compensate for the 20 regulars that would be 240 views that still leaves over 18,000 guest views. I guess the word is getting around.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version