Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

MY DL NOISE ANALYSIS

<< < (2/2)

abzurd:

--- Quote from: mtsens1 on August 15, 2014, 01:02:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: abzurd on August 14, 2014, 09:15:36 PM ---Not sure how or even if this ties into the noise issue you looked into but here's a yet to be seen in public video that I sent to Mackie several months ago. It shows 2 issues. The first is distorted sound at 1/2 volume then is the dreaded "blast".

It loses clean audio at 1:47. You can hear the audio drop dramatically and some distortion over top of it. Eventually the blast of noise comes and goes. This is what happens about 25% of the time. 75% of the time it goes straight to the blast of noise at very high volume. I also have a sync video I sent them.

Anyway, for those not experiencing the noise, here it is for all to hear.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious as to why in the failing state, the volume loss and noise seem to be a result of the app playing the music, but when you switched to the iTunes app it played music fine, while apparently the other app was still sending garbage? To me this wouldn't indicate a iPad or mixer issue. From the video, I would assume the app is the issue. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

This was just one example. It would blast the noise with the native music player as well as another music player I tested. The mixer just never liked that ipad. It often refused to sync. I used to have to "jump start" the mixer by docking my original ipad then switching it with the Ipad3. That became the only way I could dock the thing at all. The noise issues didn't appear until iOS7, but the disconnect issues were always an issue, though much worse with iOS7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version