Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Some board recordings

(1/3) > >>

RoadRanger:
https://soundcloud.com/dragonflydiversion
The most recent ones are from an outdoor gig last Wednesday, recorded using Voice Record Pro 160kbps/24b . The 'verb is the large plate preset, no EQ except for HPFs. I think they normalized the raw recordings and maybe added a touch of compression?

Keyboard Magic:
Just listened to a few of them with my studio phones. I presume since you posted this here that they were done on the DL? (just in case  :facepalm:) They sound very clean indeed. Nice  :thu: I've done a few experimental recordings on the DL and they always came out well, which can always easily be polished to make final tracks.

RoadRanger:
Yup, on the DL with the app I mentioned.

WK154:
Caution on all this. It may have been recorded at 160kbps and 24 bits but what you're hearing from the site most likely is not. Like so many other sites they will convert to what they can handle for replay. Most are at 128kbps 16 bits. I found no information about their play specs on the site.

Keyboard Magic:
Of course, higher resolution recordings would eat up a lot of space. But even at 128kbps 16 bit doesn't sound too bad though. Not audiophile quality, but still listenable. Having said that, I still look for up to 320kbps mp3s (just my own preference) to download for school dances, even though it's not necessary. Most kids wouldn't notice as long as its loud.  :eek: Can't always find them at that resolution though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version