Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Sticking button ?

(1/5) > >>

Rdmitch:

Had the strangest thing happen last night at a show, never happened before and will probably never occur again. Had a digital "button" stick.
Working remotely from the audience area, after setting all the drum compressors and levels I moved back to the mixer surface for my usual riding of levels on the guitarist.  I realized the ONLY control I had was volume. No EQ, no pan or FX. Couldn't even access any of the aux sends.
Tried reconnecting to the mixer and even a quick reboot.  Still no change and still only main fader level controls. 
Checked on stage to see if it was system wide or only on my iPad, definitely on my iPad. 
As it was close to break, I figured I could hold until then rather then take a chance of messing something up trying to fix on the fly.
By chance I scrolled over to input 9 ( tom 1) and realized the fader button looked different, not fully lit, like the grow and glow appearance, but kind of in between that and regular. I touched the fader and it went back to " normal".  Boom, all my controls were back functional. 
Never happened again the rest of the show.

Has anyone ever experienced this ?

Wynnd:
I can see that happening, but I agree that you probably won't see it again.    Hasn't happened to me.

WK154:
Yep that Mandolin needs a lot of tuning (Mackies name for their new communications protocol for mixers). Seems that error handling is in dire need of being implemented better or at all.  ::)

Wynnd:
I am surprised that you couldn't just force the app off and restart it.  As a thin client, it should have released the stuck fader.

Keyboard Magic:
I was running the schools DL (able to borrow it) at a gig the other day, running wirelessly and 30 minutes into the gig, the audio just went dead. Master Fader showed audio passing, there was audio coming out of iPod (checked with headphones on iPod). No sound from speakers. Not a power failure or breaker. 20 seconds later, boom everything came back like nothing had happened. I set it up at home with same configuration, ran it for 2 hours, no glitches.

So, if and when the next update of Master Fader comes out (if at all) does anyone really think that there will be improvements to these little nagging annoyances? When it works, it’s a real treat to use it. I was seriously considering buying another DL, but now? Rats, it is a nice board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version