Author Topic: Sticking button ?  (Read 6488 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: Sticking button ?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 10:05:08 PM »
60 lbs is not too bad......unless you have to put them on a pole :)
Us old guys don't want to risk that
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 12:10:26 AM »
Yes they go on tripod stands, but I'm looking at getting a pair of crank up stands. No way am I putting them on poles above head height. Maybe when I was 25, but that was a very long time ago!  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 12:51:49 AM »
You really want those kids to listen up. :)  Somebody should get that tech writer to pay attention and quit screwing up, fortunately the engineers got it right. Christmas came early ;) At 1440 watts something should get hot without a fan even class D amps.
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 01:18:03 AM »
WK: I think they are all playing a numbers game to sell product. Even Yorkville wants to be competitive. I don't for one minute believe 1440 watts program. Divide it by half and it's more reasonable. Even at 720 watts per speaker you can certainly damage hearing  >:D As for heat generated, at the first gig at moderate levels, the amp/mixer module was just barely warm to touch after about 2 hours.

These cabs have two modes, Concert and Club. Club adds ridiculous bass at all levels. Not something I want to subject a 12 inch woofer to for very long at 45 Hz low end. Concert mode probably only goes down to 55 Hz, much easier on the 12. Still plenty of bass for most venues. Sorry for rattling on on specs, you've probably already researched these cabs  :-[

I'm sure if they were pushed into limiting, they would get very warm. But I never ever in all my years running powered speakers have seen the limit lights come on on the back of the speakers. If I wanted to play that loud, I would be using a good sub and engaging the sub mode on the speakers. I do use a sub for school dances. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE BASS!! Heh, Heh, Heh!  >:D

PS: I must be getting old... How did we get to speakers from Sticking buttons ???  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:35:25 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 02:24:53 AM »
I am surprised that you couldn't just force the app off and restart it.  As a thin client, it should have released the stuck fader.
Come on Wynnd a thin client will only function if the server is listening as in this case with the DL which is obviously stuck waiting for a specific reply ignoring everything else. That was known in my days as sloppy programming.

That was bad programming when I was taking Computer Science back in 1980.  Even in the micro computer world, wait states are usually considered bad technique.  (Micro-computers are our laptops/desktops........ single user types.  We've basically dropped the term and now only refer to PCs and Mainframes.  Most of what we call mainframes today are actually Mini-computers.  Power is coming in very small packages today.)

We know that the ipad isn't a multi-tasking computer.  It would be surprise if the DL was able to be stuck in a wait state.  Commands probably would be FIFO, but it shouldn't be stuck waiting for a single command.  And there should be good error handling procedures built in that would reset looking for commands.  As well as there should be command checking to see if the command is complete and executable.  If not, it should be discarded.   Even with 700+ controls on the ipad, that's a drop in a very small bucket to check in a fraction of a second.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 07:07:17 AM »
A couple of points Wynnd, IBM zSeries is alive and well with a comparable price-tag for a mainframe. Definitely no mini. The iOS is in fact a multitasking OS albeit limited along the lines of RT11FB, that's foreground background tasking. They're trying to expand it and iOS 8 is supposed to be better at multitasking, haven't we been there before called Mac's OS1-9?  DL of course is running uLinux fully multitasking but with a flat memory model (no real protection for tasks). You did mean timing loops since wait states are usually associated with hardware. Yes you can hang a uLinux app if you design your own flawed scheduling and communications algorithm called Mandolin.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:22:03 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS