Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My first real gig with the DL1608

<< < (2/5) > >>

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on August 18, 2014, 06:43:50 PM ---Regarding break music, I've always just run an iPod plugged into channel 16. No need to use 2 channels.

--- End quote ---

How are you physically running the iPod into a signal channel?

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: CyberHippy on August 18, 2014, 03:07:31 PM ---Fun! Here's my gig on Sunday: http://imgur.com/a/zhGjm

--- End quote ---

I'd highly recommend getting sand bags for your speaker stands. They greatly reduce the chance of them falling if someone trips on them or when using them outdoors under windy conditions. I also use reflective tape on the legs in a candy stripe pattern to make them more visible. Lastly, Consider getting some sub-snakes with returns to connect to the mixer to clean up the cabling from mics and to the powered monitors. It also speeds up setup and teardown when you're not having to home run a bunch of cables to and from the mix. Short runs to the snake heads instead.

Rdmitch:
Looks like a bluegrass set up to me..

I have done at least 40 shows with the DL and have never had a glitch until this past weekend. Even with the little quirk
The unit was still under my control so it was no big deal.

I would not want to do a show without the DL since the comfort of sitting in the audience and walking the venue is
So much better then running back and forth to the stage or running a snake.  PArt of my sell is the wireless set up
Eliminating the  snake or trip hazard on the dance floor.

Rdmitch:
I do the iPod input as well and don't run music from the iPad mounted in the DL.
You can buy on eBay for about 5.00 a stereo mini plug to XLR adaptor, so I use any open channel .
I am trying a free I pod app made for DJ's this weekend to allow me to load a play list onto the iPod and
Fade in and out of songs and set tempos a bit.
I am also going to try a set of wireless headphones this weekend too.

Rick Scofield:
Hopefully this little adapter blocks phantom power, because even if you don't use or turn on phantom but you plug into any XLR input, hitting one little switch could very easily burn out the tiny headphone amp inside the iPod/iPhone.

Also good if the 1/8" to XLR doesn't short out the left and right channels.

-Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version