Author Topic: DL32 coming in October  (Read 40868 times)

thedrums

• Youngling
DL32 coming in October
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:53:12 AM »
Just saw an ad for the DL32 with release date.

gtrdudes

• Padawan
Re: DL32 coming in October
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 03:58:55 AM »
Nice. So judging by the video, 32 in 14 out with programmable input gains. Seems as though the master fader will be upgraded or replaced. Can't wait to see what they do with that. Hope I held off from the x32r for a reason. 12 more inputs is a good start.

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:26:18 AM »
Just saw an ad for the DL32 with release date.

Where?
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 04:30:22 AM »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 05:25:11 AM »
Let's just hope they can fix their 8 and 16 DL before they announce the 32r. I would expect the first showing to be at NAMM 2015 with a ship months after that.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 11:34:23 AM »
Nice thing is both of these "fix" the problem of the X32 Rack having the I/O on the back :) . I'd really rather see a DL24R though, no need for 32 channels here and 16 gets crowded. Actually a DL16R with built-in AirPlay (and/or 3.5mm stereo input) would be fine too assuming that was in addition to the 16 channels :) .

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 03:34:42 PM »
Looking forward to the final specs on this one. The Presonus offering looks similar & comes with multitrack recording, hopefully Mackie got the message & included that in this thing.

Looks like the era of one-rack full show mixing is here...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 05:07:05 PM »
Looking forward to the final specs on this one. The Presonus offering looks similar & comes with multitrack recording, hopefully Mackie got the message & included that in this thing.
I'd be uber shocked if it doesn't do full multitrack recording right to a SDCard and/or USB drive.
Looks like the era of one-rack full show mixing is here...
Just FYI you've been able to run an iLive stage box just from an iPad from well before the DL1608 shipped. I'm really looking forward to going to a rack unit - I hope Mackie either has a smaller one too or prices the 32 similar to an X32 Rack or the Presonus 16 one.  My major objection to the iLive was that they never made a 24 channel version - the 16 was just a bit too small for me and the 32 way too expensive :( .
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:11:04 PM by RoadRanger »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »
What are the odds that they will supersede the 8 and 16 with the new 32? That way they won’t have to address the issues with the previous models, especially since they announced a quote: “release date of Oct 2014” unquote. Of course you’re probably right WK, it’s a good bet you won’t see the new one (s) until after NAMM 2015.

We can always be hopeful though, that they'll iron out the bugs and also make Master Fader even better and that support for the current platform will continue, at least, for a little while longer when the rack hits the stores.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:38:10 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 06:33:59 PM »
What are the odds that they will supersede the 8 and 16 with the new 32? That way they won’t have to address the issues with the previous models, especially since they announced a quote: “release date of Oct 2014” unquote. Of course you’re probably right WK, it’s a good bet you won’t see the new one (s) until after NAMM 2015.

We can always be hopeful though, that they'll iron out the bugs and also make Master Fader even better.  ??? Or don't hold your breath? :P

Aside from bug fixes for the current DL design, they still should have a small table top improved version of the DL. My guess is they are going to quickly dump the current 808/1608 and come out with an "R" version that has recallable preamps as well as remedied design oversights in the original model.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 07:30:12 PM »
Greg C.

I certainly hope so. That would really be nice.  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:14 PM »
Nice thing is both of these "fix" the problem of the X32 Rack having the I/O on the back :) . I'd really rather see a DL24R though, no need for 32 channels here and 16 gets crowded. Actually a DL16R with built-in AirPlay (and/or 3.5mm stereo input) would be fine too assuming that was in addition to the 16 channels :) .
The "fix" for you may not be other peoples. You can in fact have your front access unit with a X32 core and S16 or if you want to upscale soon a D16 Midas. Something I may go for. Just waiting for B's September announcement. And with the same # of mic channels and a working USB recording/playback as the DL1608 you're ahead of the game. Would be nice if they had a 1U 8 channel S8. :) There is also the option to record all channels.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:55:16 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 05:43:25 AM »
Will be interesting to see what this comes with in terms of connectivity to a control surface, i.e. will it just be a network port and you have to add the access point or wireless built in? If they go with network will be standard Ethernet or AES50?

Its quite an exciting development and clearly they have seen a few people on here who were sat patiently waiting for the X32 rack to replace their DL.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
The DL32 and the Presonus rack will probably be more expensive than the X32, that will be a factor to some buyers.
I really hope the prices are competitive.
Soundwise I don't know if there will be much between them.
I suppose I'd take the A&H iDR 32 above any of them but it's getting on a bit now and is still frighteningly expensive!
The older I get, the better I was!

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
The presonus is £1080 for the 16 channel and £1550 for the 32 channel rack from what I have seen and you can apparently order it now... the sexy Lenovo All-In-One PC shown in the video is likely to set you back at least the same as the 32 channel rack!! Doh  :-\