Author Topic: DL32 coming in October  (Read 40858 times)

Oddeotek

• Padawan
Re: DL32 coming in October
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2014, 06:14:23 PM »
This all looks wonderful and I can't wait to see the new software for my DL1608. My only gripe and the biggest shortcoming that I see with the Mackie software vs. the competition is the effects available. How hard is it to come up with a basic chorus or flanger since the competition seems to have a large palate of effects available? That being said, Master Fader is incredibly easy to use for a full featured mixing platform.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2014, 06:23:56 PM »
I once calculated how many controls are on the dl1608.  Came up with the figure of 700.  That's about twice the quantity of a MixWiz. 

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2014, 06:31:50 PM »
the 1608 reverb quality is horrible,, the absolute worst I have ever heard on a mixer with "built-in" reverb.
The fact that there are different choices, hall, plate, etc is a joke, it is the same algorithm.

Same complaint about the two types of EQ's, modern and Vintage, same exact processing, just different GUI.

These are my only complaints about what I believe will still be terrible shortcomings in the 32R.
The reverb quality in my Allen & Heath Qu24 is very nice, perfectly acceptable.

As soon as a few people have purchased the 32R and have posted good results,,,, I'm replacing my 1608 with a 32R mainly for recallable preamp gains.
Dan

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »
From User Voice:

(No Status) → Started
Master Fader 3.0 adds 4 sub groups and 4 VCAs to the DL1608 and DL806.
http://dl32r.mackie.com/

beno
Admin, Mackie

Kind of disappointing. 4 VCAs, fine. But the groups should have been 4 stereo or 8 mono. Basically 2 stereo groups. Meh...
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2014, 07:31:39 PM »
From User Voice:

(No Status) → Started
Master Fader 3.0 adds 4 sub groups and 4 VCAs to the DL1608 and DL806.
http://dl32r.mackie.com/

beno
Admin, Mackie

Kind of disappointing. 4 VCAs, fine. But the groups should have been 4 stereo or 8 mono. Basically 2 stereo groups. Meh...

Yes Greg, but this will only be version 3.0! Look how the original software developed, hopefully v3.0 will blossom too!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:35:58 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »
Yes Greg, but this will only be version 3.0! Look how the original software developed, hopefully v3.0 will blossom too!!

I doubt it. They'll probably use it to move you to a more expensive product if you want that feature. It's odd they only have 6 subgroups on the DL32. Should have been at least 8 there too. Strange. I wonder if there's not enough DSP there to do it.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
Has anyone RTFM yet? ;)

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
Has anyone RTFM yet? ;)

So far there only appears to be a hardware manual. None for MF 3.0

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2014, 08:06:20 PM »
No expansion evident (slots?) or implied unless I missed something.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2014, 08:22:24 PM »
No expansion evident (slots?) or implied unless I missed something.
Dante card?
The older I get, the better I was!

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2014, 08:26:48 PM »
Page 23 of hardware manual refers to Dante synchronization status codes.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2014, 08:48:07 PM »

Steve,
I am all ears.. (pun) :)

I used to take pictures but with so many repeat "customers shows" without naming the photo it was pointless to me.
How do you create a folder and put "named" pictures on the iPad without the use of a computer and iTunes?

Dan

I found this good explanation on the web:

Take a picture of the gains on the mixer, then:

Go into the top level Photos Album, tap the edit button in the top right corner,  (rectangle with an arrow coming out of it), tap the pictures you want to put into a new album, tap the Add To.... button which will highlight after you select a picture or pictures, tap the Add to New Album button that will appear. A New Album dialogue box will appear, type the name you want to give to the new album, tap save.

This will add a new album to the Albums tab in the main photos / camera roll album.  Tap the Albums button and you will see the albums you have on your iPad.  All photos stay in the Camera Roll album and King_Penguin is correct that iOS creates a pointer in the new album back to the original picture it doesn't create a copy of the picture or move the picture into the new folder and out of the Camera Roll album.

This very simple procedure works perfectly for me, and always puts me in the ballpark area - just as the saved mix does.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:13 PM »
If they did one with faders I'd buy it (assuming it wasn't too much more than the "competition") but no faders leaves it off of my radar  :( As it is, I've just ordered an X32 Compact.....

Re MF 3.0 for 1608, get a grip guys, it is what it is, a great little mixer, and anything we get now is a bonus. I'll be keeping mine for the foreseeable future as a backup and for smaller gigs where the tiny footprint is brilliant.

The reverbs are ok, not great, but as good as many and better than some. I wouldn't use them for recording but, for live gigs at smaller events they get the job done at least as well as my old Microverb (which, back in the day, was considered pretty decent).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 09:28:16 PM by sam.spoons »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2014, 10:18:42 PM »
I like the option of being able to send an email with a channel patch, to another user, how clever is that,

I would like to wish Ben and  all the boys and girls at a mackie the best of luck with the launch,

I wasn't joking about the stand that the rack was on, it looked  really solid, who makes them?

Cheers

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2014, 06:35:18 AM »
Hmm, so after all the fanfare, it looks like there is a long wait until we can actually get our hands on a DL32R, with Gear4Music quoting 10th Feb 2015 as the availability date. Wonder how long until MF3? The mixer I can see taking a while to get to manufacture now the main testing is done with it, but the software shouldn't take that long to get to the distribution stage. If I were to be cynical, I would suggest (and others probably already have) that they saw the threat from PreSonus and the X32 rack was already on the market, thus needed to get something out to keep people's interest.

http://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Mackie-DL32R-Wireless-Digital-Audio-Mixer/149L?gclid=CjwKEAjww8eiBRCE7qvK9Z7W_DgSJABfOjf2HAQ2tP_oNxLjWvickU2_uo6u8xovQCAMH5k-e3nC_hoCCPnw_wcB

For ages I have managed just fine with 16 channels, but recently I have run into a few gigs where another few would have made my life a lot easier, so need to start considering the options.