Author Topic: DL32 coming in October  (Read 40851 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: DL32 coming in October
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 11:35:39 PM »
Wow

Berry might  as well abandon the xr12

:thu:

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 01:55:20 AM »
I need to bring my sledge to the next gig see if it survives.  :lol: On a serious note it's about all they have left to hang their hat on.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 08:31:54 AM »
All grumping aside, my DL hasn't given me anything but good service. My first Presonus desk and other assorted Behringer kit had their share of problems. Everybody seems to be welcoming Behringer with open arms, what about a bit of generosity Mackie's way? Who do you think has the bigger trail of wreckage behind them? I sold my two Presonus desks when I got the DL, IMHO I got better results from the DL. Also the DL didn't give me random shocks when touching the chassis! Presonus aren't "all that" in my opinion either.....
The upshot is that I will be giving the DL32 a fair chance and not discarding it before anyone has even laid hands on it. I know it's the trend here to slate everything Mackie does but why shouldn't they have a share of the cheap analog market? There will be buyers for that gear. Maybe other people here don't take small jobs? I take all work I can get, big and small. Why should Mackie be any different? They may make 10x more from sales of the new little mixers than they will from the DL series. They probably won't have as much bitching to deal with either.
The constant tirade against Mackie on this forum is getting very boring.
Maybe we've learnt all we can about the current DL because I see very little being posted lately that would benefit any new users.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:39:42 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 10:44:28 AM »
I am not running mackie down unduly, but it's getting a bit silly bringing out a bigger version of a product that seems to have a problem or two in its current form.

I was going to buy a dl last month, thank goodness I found this forum,

I think the criticism of them for charging for cheap bits of metal for rack ears applies to all the companies in fairness, but the bits of plastic and the Adaptors, the pricing for them is ott. Why didn't they  equip the mackie dl with a  short trailing lead after the iPad upgrade, it's a bit stupid having to buy an adaptor for 50 quid, what if you have an old and a new pad, and want to dock both? You can't, bloody stupid.

How much do you think the dl32 will be

And is a mixer like the dl 1608 at 1200 euros that can only be used with a 500 euro pad, priced right ?

It's not really mean what I am suggesting is it.

I would love a dl, but 500 euros is all it's worth to me.

Cheers

Kev
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:02:02 AM by Kev tyler »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 12:03:35 PM »
I agree the accessories in the uk are way overpriced, I was going to convert my DL to lightning but it wasn't worth the cost. Uk markup, not sure Mackie is entirely to blame, the parts here are via a 3rd party distributor.
You can't seriously expect Mackie not to develop new products because ithe DL is not "perfect"? If every manufacturer adopted that attitude we'd still be driving Ford model T v54.6! New models replace and improve on old models. People buy discounted old version cars knowing the new model is to be released. The DL is a perfectly saleable item.
I paid nearly £1k for my DL and don't regret it. At the time it was new and innovative, with every new product I was sure it would drop in price at some stage.
You're glad you found this forum because you nearly bought a DL.
Your ingestion of all the recent guff on this forum has steered you away.
There is very little wrong with the DL.
Docked iPad "white noise" non issue, is it a problem? Only for a handful of people. It really isn't a big problem. If you have it it's easy to work around. 
As a powerful, compact, reasonable quality digital desk it will meet the requirements of most users.
There are probably 1000's of users who use the DL regularly who are happy.
The vocal 0.001% is what you have here and a few don't even own a DL.
Take everything posted here with a pinch of salt.
Go and try one out, make up your own mind.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:19:21 PM by robbocurry »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 12:41:55 PM »
Hi mate

I am in Ibiza Spain, I don't know anyone here to borrow one from, I can't pay 1200 euros for a product that might or might not be ok, not forgetting 100 for the bracket, it's a bit lousy for mackie, but the pricing on the x32 is always going to make them look pricey, and the with the new x baby range, who knows,

I am glad you are happy with your gear, I am going to hold on now for next year and see what happens, I still think berry x18 not locking and charging a pad is a big no no, that's why I would purchase a dl if the price comes down, not at 850 euros though, with the plastic gubbins and rack kit, I only want one mic channel and playback at the end of the day.

Cheers

Kev
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:48:44 PM by Kev tyler »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
Ahem Kev,
Can you put me up for a few days and I'll Easyjet over with my DL lol;)
Any excuse for a break in Ibiza!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 01:02:01 PM »
€919 or €935 from Thomann, forget the rack, get a small case!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
€919 or €935 from Thomann, forget the rack, get a small case!

Yes I see thoman has dropped the price, they were a lot more expensive than that a few days ago, the air was 200 euro more, maybe a mistake? if they drop the 806 down to 500, I would buy one

Mate you have missed the boat in Ibiza, it starts closing down tonight, maybe next year Eh!

Cheers

Kev

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
Thank you Robbo for putting this in perspective for myself in particular. Guilty as charged for getting caught up in the grumping about the DL in particular. I have to be honest, as you well know, I had a major fail, returned it and have enjoyed grousing about the DL ever since. I am ashamed of myself.

I've had the fortune of using a good 100% working DL with the school and can use it anytime for myself. It has been fantastic. Honestly I love it. This alone has brought back confidence in the DL. Most of my gigs are small, but I would use this DL for a major event if given the chance.

I've had no issues with Mackie Customer service in any way. I am actually impressed in the quick and genuine interest in my questions and concerns. In my mind this says a lot for the company, in a positive way. Honestly Mackie does deserve a fair shake and an open mind from myself in particular. I've used Mackie mixers for years and have been impressed with build quality and good sound. That's why I bought a DL, even after reading all posts here on this forum.

I am looking forward to seeing the new line up from Mackie and getting my hands on the updated Master Fader. Can't wait actually.

Thank you for the reality check.  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
Re racking it up, it's because I want it all pre wired, it's no use to me having it sit on top of a 4 u rack inside a camera case etc,

I know I could build a mounting rack out of timber, I shouldn't have to.

Some of us are maybe a bit vocal re our complaints, but it keeps the compnaies on their toes and in a job.

The dl was breathtaking when they first announced it, they need to keep an eye on berry that's all.

Kev

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »
Apologies guys, I'm having my man period today! >:D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 06:55:30 PM by robbocurry »

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
Apologies guys, I'm having my man period today! >:D

It's okay. Probably needed to be said.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 08:22:49 PM »
Robbo,

No worries, it made me really think and take stock.  That's a good thing. Glad you said it!  :thu: Hopefully I won't be so quick to judge. There's was a show here called the Red Green Show. Canadian version of good ole boys spoof, very funny. Anyway, at the end of every show at the Lodge meeting, they say the Man's Prayer....

"I'm a man and I can change. If I have to, I guess. "

;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 08:24:55 PM »
There's was a show here called the Red Green Show. Canadian version of good ole boys spoof, very funny. Anyway, at the end of every show at the Lodge meeting, they say the Man's Prayer....

"I'm a man and I can change. If I have to, I guess. "

We used to get that show in syndication down here. Great show! Too bad we don't see it any more.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA