Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Presonus new rack mixers

<< < (2/6) > >>

WK154:
Here are more details on the RM series, very impressive. One of the few companies that understands the value of quality UI software and flexibility expected with most modern software.
http://www.presonus.com/uploads/products/3423/downloads/presonus_rm_series_brochure_en.pdf
Sample rate up to 96 kHz, are you listening Music Group? Expandable to 64 inputs by cascading for under $5000. Well planned monitor mixer integration.

WK154:
Well talk about shooting yourself in the foot, the record and playback is done via the dead Fire-wire S800 com. I guess they don't keep up with the PC world. There are 3 com technologies that have steamrolled all others into niche markets. They are Ethernet/WiFi (because of the infrastructure), Bluetooth (because of simplicity and tech), and USB (because of patent and other reasons). I doubt if Dante or AVB will bail them out. ::) Time for a USB v3 and 1Gig Ethernet as the standard add-in card.

Wynnd:
People keep saying firewire is dead.  It sure works well.  I still use it for recording.  (But then again, I haven't given up on my Alesis MultiMix 16 Firewire as a recording mixer and a backup mixer.)  I understand that nearly no one is installing firewire on new hardware.  My newest vehicle is a 1999 too.  (And I'm still using gasoline and haven't upgraded to an electric vehicle yet.)   I'm also playing through 1970s Leslies and a few amps and speaker cabinets from that same era.   I no longer own a floppy drive of any size and my CRTs are gone too.  But upgrades need to happen for a reason besides no one else thinks it's a good idea. 

WK154:
Wynnd that's called Nostalgia. If you're going to place the job of record and playback on another device such as most mixer manufacturers have done then you best pay attention to what is out there to accommodate you.  I have all of the devices you long for still, floppies Crt's etc.. :) Thinking about starting a Museum.

Wynnd:
Funny.  I do hang onto stuff that works.  Glad the CRTs are gone.  (Took the last one in the house to Goodwill about two weeks ago.)  Don't miss the floppy drives.  (I can make them work, but why bother?)   If I opened a museum, it would have to be motorcycles.   I don't own a B3 and if I did, it would never leave my living room.  (Organ is a Roland VK-77.  I know there are newer ones, but this one meets my needs and will probably last until I quit playing.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version