Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X AIR iPad app for X18 Preview is available

<< < (6/8) > >>

Kev tyler:
Thanks guys

A lot of my outside gigs suffer from Slap back on everything so the reverb is not that big an issue, my indoor gigs are few and far between in the winter and generally it is more a matter of price I think than anything else.

Of course thomann who I buy my gear off also offer incredible customer service so I was to purchase a duff dl, it's really no problem,

I think I am just watching the pennies, baby due December, just seen the price of powdered milk lol

Many thanks

Kev

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on October 09, 2014, 02:46:03 PM ---I think I am just watching the pennies, baby due December, just seen the price of powdered milk lol

--- End quote ---

Congratulations on the baby!  :thu: I was there 26 years ago, now I look up to my son literally. (6'4") Money is definitely a consideration now for sure and Gear(AKA: new toys for you) takes a little bit of a back seat now. Priorities.  :facepalm:

Kev tyler:
Cheers KM

back in the day you would get away with a radio controlled car for a child in Nappies, but  not  going to get away with buying him a digital mixer I think.

😊

Kev tyler:
Ps thansk chaps for all the links

Sm pro, been following itbsince it was announced , it needs to arrive soon yes?

Wk, yes mate I have a pad air and an I phone , they are fine for what i do.

Kev 😄

Rick Scofield:
Baby talk:

I have a 20 year old daughter (from previous marriage) and I am expecting my second (new wife's first) daughter on November 14.

I'm super excited, and curious as to how different I will be as a parent now vs then.  I was 23 when my first was born, 44 when the new one comes.

On topic: had a Mackie CR1604 and CFX16 when my first kid was little, and a DL1608 now, so it's exciting to see the leaps and bounds of technology as we and our children grow.

Used a car-mounted Cellular Telephone for my day job back then and didn't even have a desktop computer at home.  Work machines were all black screen / green text, no mouse (at least where I worked).

Now I mix wirelessly with a tiny device that has X-times the capability/storage/speed as the computer terminals of the early 90's, and it's a phone too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version