Author Topic: X AIR iPad app for X18 Preview is available  (Read 15841 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: X AIR iPad app for X18 Preview is available
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 04:15:23 AM »
One older Father I knew about, had a great time with his infant daughter.  The older daughters were in college and when they were taking care of the baby, everyone assumed the child was theirs.  It helps to be secure in your job so you can take more time with the child. 

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 09:42:41 AM »
Cheer Rick, good luck mate,

Spot on wynnd, I never planned to become  a dad at 51, having an irregular income and all that

Will just have to get my head down and keep my mouth shut,

I am hoping my lad wants a career in music, who knows, the technology available will make it so easy.

Was talking to an old band mate last week, why are there so many really talented young musicians these days, we asked ourselves, he replied, sitting with a record player slowing down the speed to work out riffs and runs, trying to decipher lyrics and ultimately throwing in your own, was a drag, now the kids just google, solo , livin on a prayer, and they get a lesson and the lyrics and the chords in a flash

It's going to be an amazing future for young musicians

Sorry for the drift

Kev

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
As long as they're not too distracted by electronics and sex.  (I'm skipping booze and drugs.  They never held any interest for me.)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2014, 11:09:25 AM »
The tools are there for the kids, let's hope they make the most of it,

Incredible I remember when the four track on compact cassette was only about 1000 dollars and it was big news.

Progress Eh!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2014, 04:26:20 PM »
I have a 20 year old daughter (from previous marriage) and I am expecting my second (new wife's first) daughter on November 14.
I have three daughters - 30, 23, and 5 <eek!>

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
Well done lads

What's it like at xmas when you say Santa ran out of Barbie but has left you a lovely new digital reverb unit instead?

:)

mtsens1

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 12:58:25 PM »
After downloading and noodling with the app, my thoughts are;

2. Being able to see all channels on the screen, yet ability to zoom into a smaller group
3. Ability to group and move a fader's left to right position

Dislikes:
1. PEQ and other controls using the classic knobs, w/o ability to switch to modern, as 'my fader' allows
2. No apparent way to save data, show's etc., I assume just left off the demo version

I do love the physical design though... if I can adjust trim pot's via ipad, having the mixer anywhere I want will be great. Just my 2 cents, hoping/assuming Mackie will have a 16 channel rack mount. Fingers crossed.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 11:55:49 PM »
I have long been in the  pray for a rack mount camp, but I think having a pad bolted in to the dl16 is one of its strongest features,

I did my first live show tonight using a pad and an air turn, the pad was perched on top of an analogue desk in a slant case and was not really safe. I am worrying already about the next gig were my pad will be on stage unattended providing interval music while I am changing my suit and preparing for the next set, some distance away, ok so I play nice gigs right now, but I am heading back to the mainland  where gear has grown legs and disappeared, and considering that if had the new  berry mackie rackmount desk, I would be creating a plank of wood the same size as my old desk and installing this and some aluminum rails within it to secure my pad.

And on that though, paranoid of liverpool wishes you all sweet dreams

Cheers