Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Do purchases of dl mixers with the new plug come with the plastic tray too?

(1/3) > >>

Kev tyler:
hi guys

I notice Roughly a 50 euro difference in price on thomann for the old and lighting version of the dl, do you think the new version comes with the correct plastic tray to suit iPad Air?

They have it listed separately at 49 euros, 88 for the rack bracket,

Not on IMHO if it's another spend, taking it too close to the price of a berry rack.

Is there an alternative to the mackie mount?

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons:
The rack tray is expensive, I built my DL into an ally tool/camera/WHY box from Maplin.

I made the tray from a piece of sheet metal I had in stock but it would be simple enough to make out of ally angle or some such.

Keyboard Magic:
From what I have read, if you get a DL with the lightning connector, at this point in time, you need to get a separate iPad Air Tray. Looks like the Air tray is approx. $50.00 US. Here in Toronto, the price is the same, but by the time you buy a DL1608 and then the Air Tray, you are getting close to X32 rack territory. I may be way out in left field, so please, anyone chime in on this if they would like?

For current 30 pin dock owners it's not too much of a big investment to go to lightning, but still an expense just the same.

Kev tyler:
Thanks guys

That's about 150 less than the rack

What a bummer, diy case looks good

Cheers

Rick Scofield:
I too like your case solution.  Nice and compact!

I made something similar albeit a little larger using the EWI Audiopile lift-off lid briefcase, which with the DL mounted front-to-back and all the way to one side, leaves a bunch of space on the other side for the EWI 8 channel output TRS-XLR snake, a power cable, router, and sundry other crap.

I'll post a couple pictures if I can find them.

-Rick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version