Author Topic: Recording using other Apps on iPad  (Read 2679 times)

amitcv

• Initiate
Recording using other Apps on iPad
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:55:02 PM »
Hello,
I want to record a live mix and would like recommendations. I am having a hard time using the Master Fader (recording levels are very low; yes I know it isnt meant to be a recording device) so want to explore other Apps that can record on the same iPad while I am mixing (is that even possible?).

Thanks much
Amit

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums

amitcv

• Initiate
Re: Recording using other Apps on iPad
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 07:56:07 PM »
Thanks. I tried the Voice Record Pro but got a blank file. Any settings or anything I need to adjust to make sure it records in the background through the 30-pin while the Master Fader is mixing? Thanks!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
Thanks. I tried the Voice Record Pro but got a blank file. Any settings or anything I need to adjust to make sure it records in the background through the 30-pin while the Master Fader is mixing? Thanks!
Make sure you allow it to use the microphone when first asked. If you messed up and said "no" there's a way to change it in the settings app.

robmcl

• Padawan
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:32 AM »
I realize this is a bit old now but...
Yes you need to enable the mic for Voice Record Pro to work.  Now that we have V3 of Master Fader there is a routing matrix where you can specify the source for recording.  I use aux 6 as the source so I can set up an independent recording mix from that aux.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:01:02 PM by RoadRanger »