Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Tango iOS app Remote control of pads and phones via wi fi

(1/4) > >>

Kev tyler:
hi guys

It seems remote playback of interval  music is mentioned a lot on here, using a pad and airport express and that dreaded 2 second gap, I just thought I would mention the free app Tango, I have used it in the house and it's fine has anyone done gigs with it

Basically you put it on iOS devices and if you had 2 iPads or iPhones one becomes the master and one becomes the remote, it works on wi fi and there is no lag, as the audio is direct from the master device.

Cheers

Kev

WK154:
You can see what some of us are using here.  http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=609.msg5135#msg5135
I prefer to use a cable or Bluetooth for that. Oh yes and Bluetooth doesn't limit you to ifruits.

robbocurry:
Hey Kev,
I use Tango frequently and its a great job ;)

Kev tyler:
Cheers guys

I think if the transport buttons were bigger it would be a contender for my my playback of my backingbtracks, my eyesight is awful, it is great for a free app though.

So for me I use pauser pro and one track for emergency and have purchased set list maker too,  which is a daft name considering what that app does,

Cheers

Kev

sam.spoons:
I tried "Set List Maker" and found it next to useless, got a refund off iTunes. "My Lyric Book" OTOH is great, dead easy to use, I can even get lyrics into it on the iPad without needing to connect to my MacBook iTunes. Editing existing lyrics requires an export to Pages and back but it's easy once you've done it a couple of times.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version