Author Topic: Might be just another X18 Delay or Not?  (Read 2307 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Might be just another X18 Delay or Not?
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
As I post this, I’m sure some of you have already seen this on the Berry X18 web page, but I thought it might be interesting for those who have not read the “fine print”. If this is old common knowledge here, please ignore and put it down to a major senior moment on my part. But if not, does this mean longer delays for the X18 release, if it happens this year or sometime?

FCC Disclaimer found at bottom of the Behringer X18 web page: “This product is currently not available for sale in the United States and Canada pending verification of compliance with applicable technical standards and regulations.”

Load this link, scroll all the way to bottom just above their “In Stores” product slide show, squint to see FCC Logo on left and accompanying statement.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X18.aspx

WK, I did read your post about delays, does this add to them as well?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:05:54 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Might be just another X18 Delay or Not?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:16:28 AM »
That web page is ancient. I would hope that the certs are factored in on the production run. Behringers own web pages and forums are not even acknowledging the YouTube flick. Not sure what implications that has. Remember that this came from the Engineering dept. in Germany and they have no control over manufacturing schedules in China.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:23:17 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Might be just another X18 Delay or Not?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:00:54 PM »
Yeah, they really don’t need to keep updating their web page all the time. Probably too expensive and no real need. I guess we’ll know it’s a go, when we see it in their “In Stores” Slide show at the bottom of the page. And of course, it’ll probably leak before it is posted there too.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler