Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux Channel 5 & 6

(1/2) > >>

Tnelson494:
Had a strange thing happen at practice Sunday set up the mixer to give the drummer a head phone mix to try out and record at the same time just ran him the Headphone's so he was getting the main mix and I wanted to use Aux 6 to pass the Guitar players amp simulator pedal through to the PA so we could all hear him but for some reason Aux 6 was passing the main mix through it? I was using a TRS to XLR going into the Tascam board (rehearsal room PA) to pass the signal thru but Aux 6 faders had no effect on the volume or content coming out same on Aux 5. Aux 4 worked normally so I just went with that and never investigated much further. I don't use that many Aux channels usually so it's not like I get down to 5 and 6 at all I did use them once a couple weeks ago and set the HP and LP filters on them to give the drummer a Kick drum / Low Tom / Bass mix through a Subwoofer and top monitor combo that's the only different thing that would be on those 2 aux channels compared to the other ones,  and I have not done the update to 8 yet on any of the IPADS / mixer. Turned the mixer off a couple times and shut the Master fader app off once to see if that would change anything but still had Mains coming out of 6 (it was at that point that I started going down the chain to see if all channels were doing it ). Just wondering if any one heard of anything like that? going to test it out some more tonight with a different show (a new one I'm building for a show this weekend with a new band) hoping it was just a glitch with that particular show I had up  ???

dpdan:
very weird

Wynnd:
Can't think of any mixer configurations that should result in those results.  The Aux faders should work for each channel and the Aux output.  Watch for it again.  If the unit is still under warranty, might be time to swap it out.   

Fluddman:
I've had a few odd things happen with aux sends. A couple of times a channel just wouldn't send to one of the aux sends. Turning the mackie off and on again fixed it everytime.

It is a computer so first rule in troubleshooting is to reboot!

Cheers

Wynnd:
Computer Education by Microsoft.  My Brother told me his computer died.  He had for about 8 years and it never so much as hiccuped.  Mouse always worked, keyboard always worked, it never froze up.    Obviously not Microsoft and not even Apple.  (Both have about the same level of hardware failures.  Apple seems to have half the software issues.)  It was an Amiga.  He is the only person I knew who had one, but it must have been an incredible machine.  I played around with the fastest multitasking multimedia OS.  (BeOS)  Amazing and Windows on the exactly same software hiccuped all over the place.  (Attempting to do exactly the same thing.  MS wasn't up to the job.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version