Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Digital trim coming to DL1608 and DL806

<< < (4/7) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on October 16, 2014, 01:54:29 PM ---
There is one other thing that the DL series needs.  That's the physical faders.   I really don't care if they are actually virtual, but the fader on glass is only good if you're looking at the screen.  It doesn't work as well for theater productions where you want your eyes on the stage.  Having the tactile feel of a physical slider allows your eyes to be elsewhere while your fingers don't wander off the control.  It could be an additional ios device or some kind of USB attachment to the ipad.  If someone finds one that meets that description, please let me know.

--- End quote ---

I agree, there's still something to be said for the real thing, especially when there's so much going on onstage and in the background. Sometimes you can't afford to have your attention divided.

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

Sam this is why I came up with the wunda box concept, you start with the basic 1 u module

8 in to 4 in to 2 with internal fx ipad control   500 quid, Ch 9 to 24 are there but greyed out.

Need more channels ?

Add something like the ada8200 on usb or optical or whatever, or a dedicated expander 250 quid, wunda box adjus the software and UN greys ch 9 to 16

Need more?  another 250 quid and you have a 24 channel desk for a grand,

It's not impossible, they just  have not got around to it yet.

As for faders, totally agree, what if you are a muso who's hands are busy, you can nudge a fader with any part of your hand, you can't do this on a pad,

Look at the berry x18  console  version, it has a void, surely someone in the r&d dept must have been dying to design a slot in module of basic faders or a liitle box with faders on that actually encapsulates an iPad or phone?

If I had the money I would build all these gadgets and put my money were my mouth is

Kev

beno:
Just to be clear, the digital trim is indeed just a new digital gain stage at the top of the channel strip and is added to DL1608 and DL806 with Master Fader 3.0. The Mic Pres are still analog and it doesn't magically make them remote controllable. The digital trim (-40 to +20 dB) is great for minor adjustments remotely up or down after you set your analog mic pre conservatively to prevent clipping. It will also be great for the iPad channels so you can adjust the hot playback down and use the fader in the sweet spot.

WK154:

--- Quote from: beno on October 16, 2014, 03:11:45 PM ---Just to be clear, the digital trim is indeed just a new digital gain stage at the top of the channel strip and is added to DL1608 and DL806 with Master Fader 3.0. The Mic Pres are still analog and it doesn't magically make them remote controllable. The digital trim (-40 to +20 dB) is great for minor adjustments remotely up or down after you set your analog mic pre conservatively to prevent clipping. It will also be great for the iPad channels so you can adjust the hot playback down and use the fader in the sweet spot.

--- End quote ---
Where is it applied? Before faders I would hope but after dynamics?

beno:
Digital trim is applied at the top of the channel so it acts as much like adjusting the mic pre gain as possible. No point in putting it after all the processing, then it's in essentially the same place as the fader.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version