Author Topic: Digital trim coming to DL1608 and DL806  (Read 15078 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Digital trim coming to DL1608 and DL806
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 03:53:08 PM »
I hope it's located near to the fx footswitch Jack and the slide out tray for the little hard drive. :)
I do hope they soon support one of them bluetooth pedals on the app to mute the FX for those of us that mix from the stage while playing :-\ .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
We'll all have to give it a try but maybe we'll start with the digital gains all at +6 to +12 db - that way we'll have some range to be able to attenuate an input that goes "hot" mid gig ;). That'll raise the noise floor of the mixer itself by that same amount but I've found the mixer to be plenty quiet that it shouldn't be a problem for live shows. Recording is another story but my board recordings have been dead quiet too :) .
Not following your reasoning on attenuation. According to BenO you will have -40dB that's taking it to almost mute. The total range is 60dB that's the same range as their pre's. The only thing you have to watch of course and can't adjust other than manually is the original gain in the analog section to avoid clipping. You can't clip in the digital section and at the output  D/A it should be obvious and controllable by the individual or main fader.  Noise and dynamic range can only be determined in the analog section.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:17:25 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 04:29:21 PM »
I hope it's located near to the fx footswitch Jack and the slide out tray for the little hard drive. :)
I do hope they soon support one of them bluetooth pedals on the app to mute the FX for those of us that mix from the stage while playing :-\ .

I am using this to do stop and play and next song in the list via airturn and the set list maker app,

I wish I could add another button for fx mute

Some crazy girl jumped in stage a night ago and started messing with my reverb pedal mid song, I would love to erradicate that risk

Cheers