Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R vs X32Rack

<< < (17/19) > >>

Wynnd:
I could live with that. 

Kev tyler:

--- Quote from: ArikS on November 09, 2014, 10:13:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kev tyler on November 09, 2014, 09:55:54 AM ---It's a dead cert that any future tactile remotes for these wireless gizmos will be attached to an iPad,

I did mention my own concept a few weeks ago, IMHO  there will be no need for motorized faders,as you will have a visual representation of level etc, on the pad, a row of spring loaded increment decrement paddles will suffice I think.

Kev

--- End quote ---

I doubt any touch-screen or rubber pads will replace real faders: try to ride them smoothly or ride a few at once -- never! Energy consumption by motorized faders is hardly a problem, just a matter of selecting proper battery solution (there are zillions of battery-powered devices that contain electric motors, from power tools to electric cars, all work fine on batteries).

If size/weight become an issue (shouldn't, it's not one-size-fits-all situation), then just make a live/remote Wi-Fi version or Mackie MCU or Digi 003: 8-9 motorized faders and switchable banks/layers

iPad may work as a display unit (levels, names, etc.) or for some functions that don't require a tactile control (i.e. left-right swipe across channels like on DL1608 or "drawing" of graphic EQ curve)

--- End quote ---

I didn't suggest rubber pads or touch screens,  if you go back 3 pages it's pretty clear I am talking about a handheld device, what I am suggesting is a physical fader knob fastened to a spring loaded switch, push it forward, loud, pull it back , well you know, why have motor faders when the pad would visualize for you, it's something that could be built in to the existing pad software, you have paid 500 dollars for the pad, it's wireless and works from a good range, bluetooth is not so good IMHO, and is another spend, another unit to charge lug service etc.

Not sure if we are discussing two separate concepts here, once we start getting in to larger units, walking around the audience might go out of the window, and gym membership might be essential?

Cheers

Kev

Keyboard Magic:
Gym Membership ? Pshaw! I'm in shape. Round's a shape too!   :lol:

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on November 10, 2014, 08:49:26 AM ---
I didn't suggest rubber pads or touch screens,  if you go back 3 pages it's pretty clear I am talking about a handheld device, what I am suggesting is a physical fader knob fastened to a spring loaded switch, push it forward, loud, pull it back , well you know, why have motor faders when the pad would visualize for you, it's something that could be built in to the existing pad software, you have paid 500 dollars for the pad, it's wireless and works from a good range, bluetooth is not so good IMHO, and is another spend, another unit to charge lug service etc.

Not sure if we are discussing two separate concepts here, once we start getting in to larger units, walking around the audience might go out of the window, and gym membership might be essential?

Cheers

Kev

--- End quote ---

Small wifi-enabled devices (or those that clip onto a smartphone) would seem pretty handy.  there are probably a lot of interesting controls that could be used outside of FOH.

I'm still all for 8 or 16 channel modular control surfaces, with both wifi and hardwired. 

Kev tyler:
Hi jkowto,

I like the idea of a static control surface, but it could cost a few quid, and like the mixers we know and love be prone to spillage damage,

I hope you guys get the gizmos you require soon, it's horrible when you can see the product you need when nobody else can.

I think with my gym suggestion, that once you get in to a larger unit your wrists will soon suffer, and you would need two hands to support the unit requiring fader nudged via ones nose, lol
Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version