Author Topic: New iPad Air 2 and Mini Announced  (Read 7660 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
New iPad Air 2 and Mini Announced
« on: October 16, 2014, 01:12:41 PM »
As most of you already know, the new iPad Air and Mini were announced. And I quote “The new Air is Thinner than previous Air models. The iPad Air is already just 7.5 mm thin, but it’s rumored that the new model will be 0.5 mm skinnier than the current model.” So does this mean another new tray/dock mod for the DL806/1608 platform, or not?

Not sure if Mackie will foot the cost of having another tray/dock connector designed to fit. One would hope that they do, especially with the new Master Fader update, but reality in the light of the new DL platform release, suggests that it won’t happen anytime soon. Opinions? Comments?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
Re: New iPad Air 2 and Mini Announced
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »
You could probably find a piece of cardboard that's .5 mm thick to lay down first.  (Guess that only helps if the loss is only from the bottom and the charging port hasn't moved.) 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »
You could probably find a piece of cardboard that's .5 mm thick to lay down first.  (Guess that only helps if the loss is only from the bottom and the charging port hasn't moved.)
That'd work! Inventive and very cost effective too. I like it. Nice  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
Well if I was in the design shop I would have rails that rise like the pickups on your guitars on grub screws and a little slide that adjusts to what  size pad you are using on the night, with a screw to secure it. The connection would be under a shroud, the method of connection would be a 6 cm flying lead, two leads in the box, one with the new end one with the old, no more machining costs.

Easy peasy

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 02:50:05 PM »
As most of you already know, the new iPad Air and Mini were announced. And I quote “The new Air is Thinner than previous Air models. The iPad Air is already just 7.5 mm thin, but it’s rumored that the new model will be 0.5 mm skinnier than the current model.” So does this mean another new tray/dock mod for the DL806/1608 platform, or not?

Not sure if Mackie will foot the cost of having another tray/dock connector designed to fit. One would hope that they do, especially with the new Master Fader update, but reality in the light of the new DL platform release, suggests that it won’t happen anytime soon. Opinions? Comments?

Were announced? The announcement is not until 10AM PDT, or in about 2 hours from now.

Here's the link:
http://www.apple.com/live/

Unfortunately, I'll have to miss the event live, as I have an appointment with an audiologist... :(  On the up-side of that, I'm getting fitted for custom hearing protection and in-ear monitors.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 03:03:45 PM »
Look after them ears mate

I left it too late, the washing machine and vacuum are on 24 hours a day in my head

x(

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
Look after them ears mate

I left it too late, the washing machine and vacuum are on 24 hours a day in my head

x(

Oh, I do! But, until now, I've been using off-the-shelf hearing protection.

While my frequency range is still very good (only a slight dip at 2.5kHz in my left ear), I've had tinnitus for some time. It's definitely gotten worse the past year. Sometimes, it's like the locusts are living in my head! It doesn't generally affect my ability to live mix, though I am having more difficulty in doing some of my TV audio post work.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
I have about 6 db dips in the same frequency both ears, doctor said it won't affect my mixes?

When my wife says

Hey babe it's nearly 3

My brain works out the rhythm and I decode it to

Hey babe do you want some tea

Not joking, serious, if I am having a conversation and someone is rattling cuttlery behind me, I can feel the processor in my brain working overtime trying to keep me on track

Hope you get an improvement after the audio quack.

Kev

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2014, 04:02:40 PM »

Were announced? The announcement is not until 10AM PDT, or in about 2 hours from now.

Here's the link:
http://www.apple.com/live/

It was leaked like a sieve. Here's a link I found. Yes it is only the Toronto Star mind you  :)

http://www.thestar.com/business/tech_news/2014/10/15/google_rolls_out_new_nexus_tablet_smartphone_ahead_of_apples_anticipated_ipad.html

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
I have about 6 db dips in the same frequency both ears, doctor said it won't affect my mixes?

When my wife says

Hey babe it's nearly 3

My brain works out the rhythm and I decode it to

Hey babe do you want some tea

Not joking, serious, if I am having a conversation and someone is rattling cuttlery behind me, I can feel the processor in my brain working overtime trying to keep me on track

Hope you get an improvement after the audio quack.

Kev

Hey Kev, I'm in the same boat with a greater hearing loss in one ear and the other a slight drop. Trying to focus on someone talking in a crowded room, or loud music etc. is very difficult indeed. I played in LOUD bands for years and never once thought about ear protection at all. I guess we thought we were invincible. Now I'm paying for it. I was at a very loud dance once and my ears hurt so bad I had to keep going outside to get some relief. (internal organ shaking levels) It was a wedding, couldn't get out of it. :'(

When I DJ school dances I wear a pair of isolation headphones to protect my ears. (24 DB reduction) It's actually great, when the little darlings come up to pester me to play something different, I point to the headphones and mouth "I can't hear you" Works like a charm.  >:D I really don't want to have hearing aids yet. Too proud, I guess. Just smile and nod when you can't quite figure out what they're saying. ;) I keep wanting to answer that darn ringing. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:39:02 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
Yes I get you completely, loud noise makes me angry, I will not enter a bar with sport commentary on, the sound of audio through a plasma tv, people shouting when they miss a goal or whatever, I hate it.

I have lived in Spain for 13 years and it was only when I realized my ears were damaged that I understood my poor grasp of the local language, I just can't pick out the nuances any more, of any language.

:lol:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 04:49:41 PM »
So to tally up: (my personal inventory)

1 Cataracts in both eyes (would wear dark glasses all day long if I could)
2:Hair loss ( just a little  ::))
3:Hearing loss. (speak up sonny!)

OMG I'm getting older, noooooooooooo!  :eek:

The walker is on order.  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 04:54:48 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »
Bald is sexy baby

We must stop here, or we will be exchanging hottest curry anecdotes next

:lol:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »
So, I finally got through watching the Apple announcements. Those new iPads look pretty spiffy, and I especially like the pricing (not that I have the money at the moment). I've been considering whether an iPad could replace my aging laptop, and I think that it finally can.

So, Beno! What about iOS 8.1? Inquiring minds want to know... :)
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.