Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

New iPad Air 2 and Mini Announced

(1/5) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
As most of you already know, the new iPad Air and Mini were announced. And I quote “The new Air is Thinner than previous Air models. The iPad Air is already just 7.5 mm thin, but it’s rumored that the new model will be 0.5 mm skinnier than the current model.” So does this mean another new tray/dock mod for the DL806/1608 platform, or not?

Not sure if Mackie will foot the cost of having another tray/dock connector designed to fit. One would hope that they do, especially with the new Master Fader update, but reality in the light of the new DL platform release, suggests that it won’t happen anytime soon. Opinions? Comments?

Wynnd:
You could probably find a piece of cardboard that's .5 mm thick to lay down first.  (Guess that only helps if the loss is only from the bottom and the charging port hasn't moved.) 

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on October 16, 2014, 02:00:56 PM ---You could probably find a piece of cardboard that's .5 mm thick to lay down first.  (Guess that only helps if the loss is only from the bottom and the charging port hasn't moved.)

--- End quote ---
That'd work! Inventive and very cost effective too. I like it. Nice  :thu:

Kev tyler:
Well if I was in the design shop I would have rails that rise like the pickups on your guitars on grub screws and a little slide that adjusts to what  size pad you are using on the night, with a screw to secure it. The connection would be under a shroud, the method of connection would be a 6 cm flying lead, two leads in the box, one with the new end one with the old, no more machining costs.

Easy peasy

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on October 16, 2014, 01:12:41 PM ---As most of you already know, the new iPad Air and Mini were announced. And I quote “The new Air is Thinner than previous Air models. The iPad Air is already just 7.5 mm thin, but it’s rumored that the new model will be 0.5 mm skinnier than the current model.” So does this mean another new tray/dock mod for the DL806/1608 platform, or not?

Not sure if Mackie will foot the cost of having another tray/dock connector designed to fit. One would hope that they do, especially with the new Master Fader update, but reality in the light of the new DL platform release, suggests that it won’t happen anytime soon. Opinions? Comments?

--- End quote ---

Were announced? The announcement is not until 10AM PDT, or in about 2 hours from now.

Here's the link:
http://www.apple.com/live/

Unfortunately, I'll have to miss the event live, as I have an appointment with an audiologist... :(  On the up-side of that, I'm getting fitted for custom hearing protection and in-ear monitors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version