Author Topic: New iPad Air 2 and Mini Announced  (Read 7700 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: New iPad Air 2 and Mini Announced
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 10:01:36 PM »
It's 8.02 isn't it? With . 03 a week  away, I am turning auto update off and having a separate boot disk for my pc with my apple backups on. Sick of all this nonsense with Apple. Silly not being able to roll back IOS.

Surely the next ipad needs to be 19 inches wide?

:lol:

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 10:10:35 PM »
It's 8.02 isn't it? With . 03 a week  away, I am turning auto update off and having a separate boot disk for my pc with my apple backups on. Sick of all this nonsense with Apple. Silly not being able to roll back IOS.

Surely the next ipad needs to be 19 inches wide?

:lol:

8.0.2 is the current iOS (and what I'm running on my Mini). Next week up, they're releasing iOS 8.1.0, according to today's keynote. They may very well skip over 8.0.3.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
Sure didn't take Apple very long to announce the next iOS update. How can Mackie keep up? I presume they have to test the DL806/1608 platforms with the new Master Fader to ensure compatibility with the new update. On the other hand, Master Fader 3 may already have been designed to work properly with upcoming iOS updates for a while yet. Who knows?

I hope Beno is reading all this and chimes in.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2014, 02:35:56 PM »
Did you notice?   I was looking at some of Mackie's YouTube info on the new DL32R.  Stage was setup with a lot of musical equipment in the background and something caught my eye.  A show room condition Shure Vocal Master PA!!!!!!   There is no mistaking those column speakers or the PA head.   In 1973 the band I was playing in had one.  (100 watts, 5 hi impedence mic channels, 4 anti-feedback switches, (How did that work?))  It's a serious local band antique that fits right in with Vox organs, Fender Bassman amps.    Wasn't a great PA, but it was a PA that was hard to make sound bad.  Unlike the Kustom 300 PA head that was hard to make sound good.  (And even harder to kill!  Ended up owning two of those monsters and gave them away.)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2014, 03:34:28 PM »
I am still trying to source the tilt platform the rack was sitting on

Anyone ?

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 06:36:36 PM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 02:14:55 AM »
Thanks Robbo

But that stand in the video looked like a really expensive piece of kit, I have some millennium gear, it's ok but you have to be careful with it,

I have a x stand right now, ok but not adjustable in height unless  you carry a plank with you,and increase the width of the base.

Cheers

Kev
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:33:07 AM by Kev tyler »