Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Pres.... UC Surface

<< < (2/4) > >>

Fluddman:
It make me appreciate how good the layout of Master Fader is!   (oops sorry for straying off topic)

ijpengelly:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on October 19, 2014, 04:05:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: ijpengelly on October 19, 2014, 12:04:48 PM ---. I found a few things less than intuitive and at some point I'll write my thoughts on it.

--- End quote ---

You would be better to use word or note pad for that mate,

I'll get my coat,

--- End quote ---

Boom Boom! LOL

I think it is a 28" touchscreen  ::)

The small buttons are a bit challenging and it isn't always clear or easy how you get back to the original view. I prefer the big graph you get for doing EQ on MF and the lack of a visible low cut on the EQ display would make you wonder if it was on.

Clearly it was designed for a larger device and have tried to be consistent with it across devices, hence cramming it in. (I say clearly, in my opinion it seems to be)

Kev tyler:
Hi jpg jelly,

Better stick to singing me I think,

What I find troublesome with many of these apps, is how deep you get in the menus and how difficult it is to get back to the channel faders, I am lucky I am on my jack jones, but imagine it must be a pain in bum when you are in the thick of it.

I suppose it's all down to experiencing yourself with the kit and such, but if you were only doing odd gigs with these bigger desks, I can imagine you would have to keep your hand in at home with the virtual sound checks?

Cheers

Kev

ijpengelly:
jpg jelly, that's a new one LOL   :o

Ian is fine :-)

Runaway feedback, which then set you into a panic is the worst experience I have had and it took me a few seconds to get my head together and find the mute button. Thankfully, it was during a break when I was resetting a monitor and the gain was a bit higher than its counterpart. So I can imagine if you have a shed load of monitor sends and one gets away and you have to dig through menus to kill it, then it could be embarrassing at best and costly at worst. On the whole I find MF quite easy to move through swiftly (2 and a bit years of decent use), so that's possibly why I struggle a little with other apps.

Kev tyler:
Thanks Ian

Autospell has renamed you, not me.

I think we will lament faders one day,

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version