Author Topic: Some light Sunday afternoon reading....  (Read 4657 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Some light Sunday afternoon reading....
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:30:14 PM »
All products have their "issues" - hard to tell from a handful of problems what the real reliability is...

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »
Light reading indeed.   ;) Makes you think, though.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:06:23 PM »
OK then think about this! Most of the issues mentioned are either taken care of or in the process of being handled. None are design issues. That's ten out of over 100,000 units in the field compared with 20,000 to 30,000 in the field by Mackie (to embarrassed to post numbers). According to the brief survey here there are at least ten customers with issues that have lingered for over a year. Which manufacturer would you like to deal with? :)
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:16 PM »
The actual fail rate of the X32 must be significantly higher than 10 in 100,000, 0.001% would be remarkable, but according to a couple of recent posts using info from major retailers it's still significantly better than most (and most failures are well within the warrantee period during which Berry seem to have acquired a good reputation for quick fixes). I've just bought one so I hope I'm right.

I've still got my DL1608 and have no plans to sell it, I love it for small gigs and would be happy using it on bigger gigs a backup to the X32 should I be one of the unlucky ones (I always take a backup for everything even if it's just my old 1202 to get the vocals out there if the big mixer dies). 8)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 02:41:13 AM »
Sam the answer is in the title. I hope you have as much luck as I've had with Uli's gear including my DDX3216 which still works. My X32 is doing fine and closing in on a year of ownership.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
Guys, just some light reading, why so defensive lol? Oh no, trying to justify your purchases?
For someone who is into numbers, facts and statistics, you don't seriously think there are only ten broken units out there, do you WK? I looked at *just* a few pages, no in depth study taken.
Saying the "design is not at fault" is skirting the issue. Anyway, how can you be so sure? 
Just under the surface, (or not) ultra cheap production methods and components have real world consequences.
No need to reply guys, only a bit of light hearted teasing on my part >:D

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:24:50 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 09:25:15 AM »
 ;D time will tell (but I do have high hopes)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 09:49:49 AM »
Hey Sam, I wish you all the very best with your new purchase :thu: ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 10:53:02 PM »
Cheers mate, I'm expecting a fine and trouble free night but everything has a failure rate so I'll be taking the DL1608 as backup. BTW I'm not deserting the DL either as a main mixer, for most of my gigs (smaller pub/bar type playing gigs) its still going to be the first choice.

soundog

• Youngling
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
I just pre-ordered a Behringer XR12 from Sweetwater. I'm weary of waiting for Mackie to update the mixer app with features that should have been there from Day One. And the fact that it won't reliably charge via 30-pin extension cable is frustrating.

The real selling point for me, though, was additional XR12 features such as MIDI control, flexible routing, robust "plus-in" effects, built-in wifi, more channels, etc, are nothing to sneeze at.

Reliability? Time will tell, but I mainly see positive reviews for the X32 Rack. Its easy to pick and choose bad reviews for any product...