Author Topic: 1608 and IOS8  (Read 4606 times)

Alex H

• Padawan
1608 and IOS8
« on: October 28, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
Hi

I am using a 1608 with an Airport Express router and an iPad now running IOS8.1
Ever since the iPad got updated, and when using the iPad wirelessly from the 1608, they are trying to synscronise every few minutes.   For about 10 seconds the iPad gets disconnected from the 1608 and then reconnects. 

This is a real pain and didn't happen when using IOS7 as far as I recall.

I have tried a different router; using the Airport Express at 5GhZ; a different iPad, but the problem persists.

Anyone any ideas if this is a known problem ( and if so when its likely to be fixed); or if not any ideas what is happening and what i need to do to stop this happening?

Thanks

Alex

Wynnd

• Master
Re: 1608 and IOS8
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 11:47:57 AM »
Not happening with me.  Wirelessly, people haven't generally had any sync problems.  Maybe force a reinstall of ios 8?  (Are you really talking about ios 8.1?)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:51:51 AM »
I really should read carefully.  Did this problem exist for you on ios 8?  Now how do you force a re-install of an ios version?   Hard reset?   As always, make sure that you have a solid backup first. 

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Hi Wyndd

Are you using IOS8?   I am definitely on 8.1  yes the problem started once we updated to IOS8.   We didn't have any issues on IOS7.  Done a hard reset.   Reinstall is not a problem, this iPad is dedicated to this 1608 (which is in our Church0 and other than a couple of app, there is very little data on it; its just a ;pain and wanted to see if others had any problems before I went down this route.  I suppose a reinstall of the MyFader software might also help.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:43:17 PM »
So far it appears you have a unique problem.  The good of this is that a proper re-install will probably fix it.  The bad is, if the re-install doesn't fix it, your hardware and this software causes a problem that nobody else has.  Not going to be much incentive to fix it.  This is one of those places where being able to go back to a prior ios version would be great.  It's my understanding that Apple has made that extremely difficult.   (Might be tied up with preventing jail-braking iphones.)   I'll do a bit of research and see what I can find.  In the meantime, maybe somebody else will have some good ideas.

Wynnd

• Master

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 01:03:48 PM »
Hi

Yes, from Apple it is, but i have an old backup using 7 so I could do this.  However I would rather not as it causes issues elsewhere.   If I am the only person having the issue, and I can't find anyone else reporting the issue, then clearly i have a duff piece of equipment or a dodgy software installation, and I would rather try and track this down.   My post was to see if others had the same problem before I start dropping my kit to bits and reinstalling. 

The puzzling issue that its happening on two different iPads and two different routers, so this leaves the only common item as the 1608 unit itself.   

i might try and do a forced reinstallation of the Mackie software

Thanks for your help and I'll post my findings

A

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 12:03:48 AM »
Maybe a bit out of left field but are you always in the same location? is it possible that something has changed in the church? Have you tried it in a different location?

I did one gig recently where the DL didn't like being too close to a wireless microphone receiver - it just kept dropping out until I moved it.

Hope you fix it soon.

Cheers

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 03:13:45 AM »
In many churches, there is a hearing aid transmitter.  (Not really sure what it is called, but many theaters have them now and high end hearing aids receive the output directly.)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 12:23:57 PM »
Have you had the glitch were you select an icon for the channel, like drum or bass, and only find holiday snaps of Bono and the edge in the library?

;) ;)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
Have you had the glitch were you select an icon for the channel, like drum or bass, and only find holiday snaps of Bono and the edge in the library?

;) ;)

Kev, Bono's perfect for those unique channel icon pictures.  ???   :lol: I can't wait to find them.  :P
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler