Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 178943 times)

ezywave

• Initiate
X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:11 PM »
I have been following this forum for a while now and got some good advice out of it, so thanks to you all.

As my first post, I'd like to share a link I just came across and which I believe wasn't discussed here yet.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XR12

It's a great video about the B.. lineup of smaller digital mixers, including rack mount/stage box versions. I like how it is presented by a knowledgeable engineer with a lot of interesting background info instead of the usual marketing blah.

I still like my DL16 and especially Master Fader a lot. Yet but I have to admit that 300 USD for a mixer with small stagebox form factor, high quality effects, built in router, remote connectivity to all kinds of devices etc. sounds really tempting, at least for smaller gigs...  I just wish Macke would have something similar at the same price point...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:01:50 PM by ezywave »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 01:59:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum !!!  :) I actually saw the videos, but not the Sweetwater link. Thanks for the link.  :thu: They sure look good and have a lot of features built in.  I don't have DL1608, but use the school's where I run sound. It works perfectly. And I agree that MF is one of the best apps around. Gonna wait to see how the new Berhies fair once they hit the market before making any decisions. I can use the DL when I need to, for other gigs. Master Fader 3 is supposed to bring some new stuff to the current DL line up. Can't wait to try it.  ;)

And once more welcome!

"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 12:21:24 PM »
Ar ye olde Berry video, it's old news that mate,

We just want a link to physically purchase one in Europe, I am told musikhaus.de get the first batch, I thought thomann would have trumped them to be honest.

Welcome to the forum

:)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 10:09:14 AM »
Just wonder how long it will be before they hit the real world. The x16/18 must be nearly two years in vapoursville now.....
The older I get, the better I was!

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
Although they created the x12 especially for me. I think the arrival of the whole baby range will be affected due to the snag list. Removal of phono skts to create void for fx switch etc. relocate the ac inlet etc

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 07:32:44 PM »
I've messed about with the app a bit, much more "DL" like than the X32 app - but no scribble strips? That a non-starter for me.  I can't imaging they will ship it that way? Otherwise I don't see any downsides vs the DL1608 and a number of pluses:
1: Four FX
2: More tap points for the auxes
3: Multichannel recording

If Mackie doesn't at least announce adding another FX with reverb/chorus and better aux tap points I'm afraid I'll be moving on next summer. I don't see the DL32R being of much interest to anybody - everyone I know a step or two above me has gone X32 already. I can get a killer price on the X32 Rack - a friend of mine is a dealer :-) . I hope to see things more clearly sorted out by next summer...

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 07:42:12 PM »
Mackie and everyone else lost the plot ages ago, small is the new big, for every user who wants 32 channels there are probably 100 dying for a decent compact desk,

The dl 806 should have been a 1u rack product, charging us for the form factor of the big brother, the plastic shims and mounting brackets, bloody cheeky if you ask me.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 08:30:20 PM »
for every user who wants 32 channels there are probably 100 dying for a decent compact desk,
More like 1000 IMO. But I suppose if Behringer could overcome their past reputation to become the #1 selling digital mixer family Mackie has a shot too :) .

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »
Oh yes, I am not writing them off, they can easily find the plot again, the dl concept was really good, they need to work that magic again, with a small product for a huge chunk of the market, solo duo trio with backing,

Digital mixer wi fi controlled, with a dedicated and useful ( not in the background) live playback app working in conjunction with the controller and the scenes.

Simples.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 08:45:22 PM »
Imagine if you had the playback app and the mixer working together, so when you select a backing track the desk knows that you want reverb or echo or dry, and  knows you want chorus on channel 2 your acoustic guitar or whatever , without all that midi nonsense?

I don't thinK this has been done yet,

No question mark on my iPad, incredible.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 08:48:37 PM by Kev tyler »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 08:55:06 PM »
^ FYI since the control protocol of the X mixers is open it would be quite doable for someone to develop an app like that :) .

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »
I wish I had the brains to do it, I am an ideas man only, I can't get the question mark to toggle on, but doing fine with these!!!!

...?.

Are its working now, cheers

Unlike the edit, wanting to copy everything arrrrrrgh

No cursor either

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 12:29:07 AM »
Place my order with Rat Sound for the X18 today. ETA is mid February. Price well below what I'm seeing online. I suspect I'll be lucky to see it by March. We shall see...
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 08:34:03 AM »
Place my order with Rat Sound for the X18 today. ETA is mid February. Price well below what I'm seeing online. I suspect I'll be lucky to see it by March. We shall see...

Is that march 2020?

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »
Don't hold your breath mate